Bose radio randomly turns off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littlered6er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, long time reader and first time poster, I have a 2011 Tahoe z71 100,000 miles
5.3 v8 and lives in Washington State. It has the factory Bose with nav and rear entertainment
I can provide more info if needed.
My question, I bought brand new and I would say maybe a month later the speakers would crackle and the radio would turn off. It happens randomly and I can not recreate it for the service guys when I took it in for service back in 2011. They said if I can get it to happen again bring it back, it’s beyond me. Just yesterday it happened just parked idling waiting for my kid at the dr. And the last time it did it was maybe a year ago with the radio off driving down the road.
Other than that issue there has not been anything wrong with her.
Has anyone had this issue or know when I should look?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, long time reader and first time poster, I have a 2011 Tahoe z71 100,000 miles
5.3 v8 and lives in Washington State. It has the factory Bose with nav and rear entertainment
I can provide more info if needed.
My question, I bought brand new and I would say maybe a month later the speakers would crackle and the radio would turn off. It happens randomly and I can not recreate it for the service guys when I took it in for service back in 2011. They said if I can get it to happen again bring it back, it’s beyond me. Just yesterday it happened just parked idling waiting for my kid at the dr. And the last time it did it was maybe a year ago with the radio off driving down the road.
Other than that issue there has not been anything wrong with her.
Has anyone had this issue or know when I should look?

Thanks
probably a internal radio short, doesn't sound bad enough to warrant replacement but the radio is rather old in the tooth, might be time to look at a more modern solution. that archaic radio was the 1st thing I yanked out and replaced, gm is only now 13 years later finally coming up with a modern radio.

OP
OP
L

littlered6er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I was thinking about a new one. I wish I pushed more when it was under warranty.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was thinking about a new one. I wish I pushed more when it was under warranty.
I installed a Chinese Android unit (made by Xtrons) designed to look like the original in my 2007 and it's been flawless for 3 years now. Lost rear seat infrared headphone functionality but DVDs play on the rear screen with the audio coming through the main speakers of the truck. But we never use the rear screen any more since the kids have their own devices so it's a non-issue for me.

Sound quality is excellent because it retains the factory amp, and it even retained the factory backup camera functionality. Best of all, because it's Android-based I can use Waze on it.

Amazon no longer lists the one I bought, but here's another that's basically the same thing but with newer features like CarPlay: https://a.co/d/iv2C92P

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos