NathanJax's 2007 Crew Cab Silverado Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great build! I didnt know the Silverado could look that good! When I was looking at pick ups, I was more into the Ram world, my neighbor has one and it looks great. Question, I know we all feel the 5.3 on Tahoe, etc is a tad slow but a Pickup with less weight, how does that thing move?

As far as wood vs brushed, I like brushed better when it comes to a sportier looking car/truck. Yours looks very sporty so would look better with all brushed but beige interior may do better with wood. Aweosme looking build man.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, I know we all feel the 5.3 on Tahoe, etc is a tad slow but a Pickup with less weight, how does that thing move?

Meh, it moves as fast as I need it to. Not much difference in this and my Yukon.

As far as wood vs brushed, I like brushed better when it comes to a sportier looking car/truck. Yours looks very sporty so would look better with all brushed but beige interior may do better with wood. Awesome looking build man..

Thanks, I might switch all the wood for brushed, or just get some brush vinyl and wrap it to see if I like it better.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well your Yukon is the 6.2 so if it moves just as well, thats a plus.

Yea, at the end of the day, the look is always subjective. As long as you like, your winning. Looking at the color of your outside, it seems unique, not black, not blue but inbetween? Maybe vinyl wrap some interior pieces the same color to match? I think the vinyl matching your exterior color would be an awesome look. Two toning some stuff would be nice too but may take away from the vinyl wrapping. All that light color with the vinyl should look lovely.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where are you mounting that stuff? Inside the bed or is there room underneath? I'm guessing inside the bed.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where are you mounting that stuff? Inside the bed or is there room underneath? I'm guessing inside the bed.
You remove the skid plate and it mounts to the existing bolt holes.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You remove the skid plate and it mounts to the existing bolt holes.
Nice! The setup looks much better in the pic than what it must be in actuality :) Thanks for the insight Yatesypoo

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's actually a really good setup in terms of install. Can barely see it.