My Order is on the railcar!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugotdubbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Originally ordered on 11/12.
Order was never accepted due to constraints.
Changed my order on 1/27 to drop some constraints and my dealer got an allocation for a high country. Lost the sunroof and changed to a High Country instead of an RST
Order officially accepted on 1/28 with a target production week of 3/7-3/14.
Vehicle produced on 3/15
Vehicle on the railcar and moving as of today, 3/17.

Estimated deliver in about 2 weeks.

Dealer has been fantastic, updating me weekly with constraints, status codes and updates throughout.

CMA Colonial Chevrolet.

He provided this image today.

View attachment 365769
Same dealer I ordered/bought from. The sale's manager (Josh) is great to deal with. Excellent communication, even on his days off. I have bought many Chevy's from him. They still honored my supplier discount with no mark ups.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! FWIW, my Denali sat in an intermodal rail terminal for 2 weeks waiting for a truck to bring it the last 120 miles. The train trip from TX to WI took about 3 days. Then was kind of frustrating to know it was a short drive away waiting on truck delivery.

Anyway, it made it, no dings/scratches/etc. The anticipation was kind of like a kid at Christmas looking at the presents under the tree for the whole of December…but delivery day certainly felt like Christmas morning!! Enjoy all the anticipation and the new car smell!! And don’t get taken to the cleaners in the finance office

Kmorales424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Originally ordered on 11/12.
Order was never accepted due to constraints.
Changed my order on 1/27 to drop some constraints and my dealer got an allocation for a high country. Lost the sunroof and changed to a High Country instead of an RST
Order officially accepted on 1/28 with a target production week of 3/7-3/14.
Vehicle produced on 3/15
Vehicle on the railcar and moving as of today, 3/17.

Estimated deliver in about 2 weeks.

Dealer has been fantastic, updating me weekly with constraints, status codes and updates throughout.

CMA Colonial Chevrolet.

He provided this image today.

View attachment 365769
My Tahoe was built the same day and is also on its way!

Attachments

• F62C7D17-894F-4186-825C-BD65FA953938.png
    F62C7D17-894F-4186-825C-BD65FA953938.png
    532.3 KB · Views: 18

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, it made it, no dings/scratches/etc.
I would inspect these new vehicles very closely. I found 2 small chips on the front bumper of ours way down low where you can hardly notice them but they were there. and some light scratches across the front fenders. 3 miles on it fresh off the railcar. Looked at a denali and an escalade that were also on the lot being delivered to customers and they had the same light scratches. Something from the plastic that covers them during shipping or how it's being removed. Dealer buffed em out but had to get touch up paint for the chips and the "fix" looks like shit but again nobody but me will ever notice them

Cop35758

Reaction score
I’m sure someone else with a good dealer will pick up that mantle.

You’ll still see me around posting my progress on customization (leveling, wheels, blackout, tint, etc)

Also toying with flipping it after I customize and ordering a ‘23.
Considering flipping also.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stopped and looked at 22 Z71 with 5k miles on it - dealer was asking $79k, I asked the sales guy what the sticker was - $66-68K? he said nah - like $72k...I pulled the VIN off their website and the sticker was $64k and change...base Z71 with a sunroof and the manual second row buckets...

so yeah - flipping one would be a decent idea...

c0k000k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
grats! good luck man and thanks for all your constraints post!

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
so yeah - flipping one would be a decent idea...

That’s a ridiculous markup for a used car. Maybe they can get away with it with a brand new one, if they get a desperate buyer with money to burn walking into the dealership.

2022TahoeRST

Reaction score
Ordered my RST w Sport Performance Package on 10/8, still waiting for GM to accept it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh