Order pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
I suppose they are vague because they are in PYA mode. Better to be vague and not say what may happen because they know things could change. I suppose you are close to being right about your odds but that ain't right that your odds are as bad as picking lottery #'s. I mean picking the lottery #'s is more like the chance of aliens landing in your back yard then being struck by lightning.
Anywho, I will contact the dealer today just to feel them out. It has been a couple of weeks since I called him. Good to remind him I am still here. I want to see if they can get a GM Order Workbench? I will wait another hour because apparently the sales people don't come in until 2PM PST. I think they come in earlier but I know they have a meeting at 2 so I will wait until after that.
I got the all the codes off of a Corvette forum. I posted them under a "Order Codes" thread.
Will follow up with dealer experience. I just want to note my experience for others who will follow. My dealer is in San Diego. We are not that far from Arlington. So.....
I agree that the best chance of getting an update is to wait until the week after the TPW but I want to find out what happens along the way from the 1-800 to the dealer. Got nuthin' better to do. Stay tuned to "As the Wheel Turns".

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Called dealer today. Asked what info they receive from GM. He said they are notified when the order is accepted, when it goes into production, when it is ready to be shipped. That is all I remember him sayin'. The rest was just blah! blah! blah!
Asked about "Order Workbench" Seems like it is software that the dealer uses to generate the order. I thought maybe it was something generated at the plant level at some point. So I guess they will let me know when it goes into production? I will call 1-800 Friday or maybe Monday (who am I foolin'. I won't wait until Monday.) if I don't hear from the dealer by then?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes - Workbench is just their software where they enter the order

although it says dealer use only, "most" dealers will provide a copy of the order to the customer so the customer can verify the order is correct

workbench.jpg

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Just to recap.....Placed order for High Country Tahoe w/Deluxe Package Jan 21,2022. Dealer said it was being held up because of constraints. Waited until about April 21 when dealer suggested dropping package and ordering everything in the package except Adaptive Cruise which we did. (Also canceled power console, safe and emergency rear braking.) Called 1-800# on May 2 and was told TPW is 5/16. Called back on 5/17, Tuesday, and was told status was TPW 5/16. Called dealer 5/18, Wednesday, and was told that they would be notified when it went into production and would let me know. Couldn't wait until Monday the 23rd to call. Called 1-800# today, Friday the 20th, and was told that the Tahoe has been built and is on the transport waiting for one vehicle to load before it can ship. I assume it will ship to the dealer and not to some lot somewhere. XXXX (That is fingers on both hands and toes on both feet.)

WTW is going on? Called dealer. Dealer says, "Yep! It should be here by the end of the month?????????"
We shall see? I am so confused.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to recap.....Placed order for High Country Tahoe w/Deluxe Package Jan 21,2022. Dealer said it was being held up because of constraints. Waited until about April 21 when dealer suggested dropping package and ordering everything in the package except Adaptive Cruise which we did. (Also canceled power console, safe and emergency rear braking.) Called 1-800# on May 2 and was told TPW is 5/16. Called back on 5/17, Tuesday, and was told status was TPW 5/16. Called dealer 5/18, Wednesday, and was told that they would be notified when it went into production and would let me know. Couldn't wait until Monday the 23rd to call. Called 1-800# today, Friday the 20th, and was told that the Tahoe has been built and is on the transport waiting for one vehicle to load before it can ship. I assume it will ship to the dealer and not to some lot somewhere. XXXX (That is fingers on both hands and toes on both feet.)

WTW is going on? Called dealer. Dealer says, "Yep! It should be here by the end of the month?????????"
We shall see? I am so confused.

that sounds extremely quick.

and to confirm...TPW stands for target production week. when it's actually built.

most have to wait several weeks if not more for it to be delivered after its built. there's a whole thread on here of people that have been built in late March/early April and they still don't have their vehicle. If you get it by the end of May that has to be some type of record....6 weeks from order to delivery? go buy a lottery ticket if it makes it here by then

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
I know. That is what shocked me after reading things here. One thing, it was actually ordered Jan. 21 and has been sitting in line because of constraints. The dealer told me that making changes to the order wouldn't affect the place in line? I am guessing that it has to do with the dealers allocations as well. Also, it is a High Country?

What I don't get is being told 3 days ago by customer service that the status was still TPW 5/16 and the dealer never, at least according to them, having been told that it was even in production. He just told me 2 days ago on Wed that they had not received any notice that it was in production and then, Wham!, it's on the truck? Every constraint was removed on Apr 21? That would make sense if it went right to production because that was about 4 weeks ago. What is troubling is that TPW 5/16 but customer service and the dealer confirmed and agreed on the status?

I am going to stop talking about this now and wait.

My understanding is that TPW stands for "Tentative" Production Week. I read that as, "Don't hold your breath" or "So your sayin' there's a chance" as I was repeatedly reminded each time I called 1-800.

Wait a minute. Am I being punked? Come out here Kutcher!!!! Where are you? That's not funny man. Dude, where's my Tahoe?

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Called dealer today. Transport is in E. Arlington? Plant is in Arlington? That is where it was last Friday. Still hasn't moved. Dealer has invoice and Vin. No ETA.
Called 1-800. Transport hasn't left the station - Confirm. No ETA - Confirm. One good bit of info from call, transport is going to dealer.
That is good news. Must wait. Hate wait.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Waited until after memorial Day to try to get ETA on the Tahoe. Emailed dealer Wed 6/1. Replied and said, "No ETA quite yet." I was a little confused at what "quite yet" meant. Found out the next morning 6/2. It means "your vehicle will be pulling into the dealership tomorrow morning and we want you to pick it up by 4PM because we (my salesman and his manager worked last weekend and "we" won't be here on Friday) and we will be calling you at 9AM after you just sent me an email yesterday afternoon saying, No ETA quite yet".
So it arrived. Luckily I didn't have any set plans. Did not have the Brembos. That has become a dealer installed option because they are back ordered. Get to see it without the Brembos and realized that if I had not ordered it with the Brembos I would have regretted it. When they will be here is anybodies guess. I am not even going to ask unless the wait gets rediculous after my experience with the info on the build. When they get here they get here. I want to get it in for the Cat Back anyway so this gives me time to get that ordered. A little confusing on that because there are 2 different options for a Cat back on the build pages. One in Exterior and one in Accessories/Performance but parts only shows one?
Anywho, here it is w/out the Brems. Everything else seems to be there. So, 10 fingers and 9 toes. Missing one little toe. But at least it is home. Will side by side when the Brembos get on. tahoe4.jpgTahoe3.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole process for me have been quite a nuisance. I am at 3000 and waiting dearly for a TPW I guess that takes a little while to be generated. This is the 1st time I heard about the Brembos being on constraint or having to be back-ordered. Glad you have your vehicle though. I just can't help but wonder if the Expedition buyers are going through the same nuisance or if their process is a bit more transparent.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to get a TPW is to call customer service and do not use the online chat. If you are lucky you will get an advisor that truly wants to help you, by that I mean they will need to put you on hold while they call the production dept which is only there M-F. The production dept is the only one that can give the "estimated" TPW. As far as the dealers go most are super lazy and won't take the time to help you. Any dealer can also tell you exactly where your vehicle is after it is produced by looking at their Vinview but again many are lazy and won't take the time. Many dealers also have only one person with access to Vinview and that would be the ordering manager. I was lucky in my purchase of my 2022 Yukon SLT as I dealt with the general manager who then turned it over to a salesperson to follow up with me, but the gen mgr, ordering mgr and the salesperson all have access to Vinview at my dealer so kept me updated whenever I asked. I knew exactly when the Yukon hit the rail yard and where it was on the rails each day and when it hit the rail yard here in Phoenix where it sat for a week waiting for a truck to take it 15 miles to my dealer!