Reconsidering my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I ordered in November, still not accepted or allocated, getting tired of the lies. Wife now won’t take it without RSE, so I guess a 2023 is in the works……paying cash here too. Looked for a diesel Escalade like we wanted, no luck, sales says order wait is 12 months.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I ordered in November, still not accepted or allocated, getting tired of the lies. Wife now won’t take it without RSE, so I guess a 2023 is in the works……paying cash here too. Looked for a diesel Escalade like we wanted, no luck, sales says order wait is 12 months.
There are aftermarket RSE systems that you can have installed....

Or there is the easier and more efficient method.....a tablet holder that goes into the headrest and you have your choice of any tablet you want.

MrBishop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m buying with 100% cash, absolutely no financing, so I was going to trade every year or so anyway.
They like financing, they make more money on you then. I drive by lots and fields in the Flint, MI area full of trucks just sitting waiting for that chip that has become hard to get. Yours is probably sitting in there.

Mar48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could try another dealer… I found one with a current allocation slot (you just have to ask vs waiting on a list at one without a current open slot).

For me it was <3 months from ordering to receiving a custom build

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
You could try another dealer… I found one with a current allocation slot (you just have to ask vs waiting on a list at one without a current open slot).

Most dealers are not forthcoming with that information. And you have to trust they’re not lying to you if they do tell you…

OP
OP
D

dkboggs

Reaction score
After my salesman lied to me about my ordered vehicle was going to be in in 2 days, AND IT WAS’NT, the general manager is now my contact. This occurred over a month ago

OP
OP
D

dkboggs

Reaction score

For me it was <3 months from ordering to receiving a custom build
My order was submitted the first week in January

Hrocks

Reaction score
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?
I love my old Tahoe, but have had it with GM and their long history of using their first model year customers (or two or three years) as their final validation program for new platforms. When you're spending $75-$100k+ for a vehicle, you want it right. I've had many good GM vehicles over the years and was convinced in the early 2K's that they had really closed or surpassed the quality gap on all the European foreign marques and were very close to the Japanese vehicles on quality. However, once they brought out the GMT2KX trucks in late 2014, IMO, their Q dropped dramatically. You may recall that they had tremendous transmission problems and were buying back without question, $100,000 Escalades (and others) if the VIN was older than "X". Not to mention the droning and other problems. They finally got the quality right in the last couple of years prior to bringing out the Gen 5 GM T1XX trucks in late 2019.

Wash, rinse re-do...How many horror stories have members of this forum reported regarding the valve lifter problem on the 5.3 and 6.2 engines? Enough that there is a class action lawsuit against them on that very issue. They will likely figure it out and fix it right before they bring out the Gen 6 platform.

It's hard to say, but after many, many years I've gone full Toyota. (Lexus trucks) If you're looking for a bulletproof full or midsize BOF SUV that you simply want to change the oil and rotate the tires, you may want to consider an LX or GX Lexus or a Toy Land Cruiser. People don't get rid of them after many years because they have problems, they sell them because they just want something new. Just my $0.02.

OP
OP
D

dkboggs

Reaction score
You seem to have history with GM. Honestly, I’m looking for a luxury SUV that I would be proud to own. I put down $2000 on my order in early January, I’ve made 3 calls to the general manager at my dealership today and I’m still waiting for a return call. So far I’m not getting a good return on my investment. I never would have thought that if you had cash money, you can’t buy what you want. I’m starting to look at other makes/models to see what’s out there. You make a lot of good points. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts