Reconsidering my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkboggs

Reaction score
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard Ford is much better to deal with but then you'd be stuck driving a Ford...but seriously aren't all manufacturers dealing with constraints? I think it's very lucky for anybody to get all the options they really want these days. This is the exact reason the wife and I bought our '21 last august (and paid a dealer markup) as we knew options we wanted would be hard to come by if we waited

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?

Call GM and ask them to check your order and ask to escalate with a supervisor. You shouldn’t be told your dealer that order has not been accepted by GM, to then be told by GM chat that not only has your order been accepted it is now event code 4000, which means it was already built. At that stage you should have a VIN#

OP
OP
D

dkboggs

Reaction score
I think I will call them. At this point I have nothing to loose!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to wait until Monday as the production dept is closed on the weekends and they are the ones that give the correct info. When you call on the phone the advisor will need to contact the production dept and if they don't or won't then you will not get correct info about your order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645