Order pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
I had brembos ordered till I found out the spare tire doesn’t fit on the front two wheels due to brake caliper being bigger! Gotta swap out a back tire to the front! After that I be like nahhh
That is true. I want them for the look and because when this weight is cruising along in 10th gear there is negligent engine braking. Letting off the accelerator does virtually nothing. An extra tire swap is not a deterrent for me and that is only if you get a flat. Not a concern of mine as long as I have AAA. But it is really just about the look for me.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Picked up the Tahoe with the Brembos and cat back installed.
Cat back - a lot quieter than I expected. Got some rumble to it but pretty mild. I wouldn't be happy except that for the High Country it is probably best and appropriate. If I was driving any thing else where I wanted to be noticed I would have gone after market for something with a little more, actually quite a bit more, presence. It adds some growl but no pop pop. Will not upset the neighbors. It is a very civilized sound.

Brembos - not as prominent a look as I would have thought from the rendering in build and price. Darker red than it looked. Again, for the High Country, probably more appropriate. Adds a pop of color without being too in your face. I like the feel of the brakes. I thought the stock brake was adequate but kind of "just there" and a little mushy. After the 10 mile ride home I could see that there is going to be brake dust but that is why I got the black wheels.

No regerts! Not a whisper. Not a yell. Just a nice conversation for both the cat back and the Brembo.
Personally, I think this set up should have been stock. Just enough rumble without being rude and the brakes feel confident. I can not imagine trailering anything with the stock brakes. I think that could get hairy.

FYI - less than 200 miles on it right now. Not going to be doing any hard braking or accelerating until 200 more for the brakes and another 300 for the engine and an oil change. Got a little HP boost from the cat and I put in a K&N filter that added a little but this is Cali so best I can run is 91 that sucks some horsies. I imagine with the filter and the cat I may be around the 420. Once it gets past 500 and the oil change I will drop in a can for the next 2 fill ups, boost the oc to maybe 95 and see what it will do. See if that cat will bark.

I included the pic from the build and price to compare.
20220712_141231.jpg20220712_141259.jpg20220712_141315.jpgNew Picture.png

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Saw the Brembos with direct sunlight on them and they looked brighter than the above photo shows. I took a pic with a flashlight. Too lazy to try to angle it in the sun.

Got on the pedal a little bit to see how the exhaust sounds. Still only 250mi so not going to floor it. There is some bark there. Not big dog bark. Maybe medium dog bark. I am sure it will get louder when pushed.

brems1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal