My Bermuda Blue Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been MIA for awhile but life gets busy sometimes. I was finally able to get my exhaust fixed. I originally had true duals out the back but they broke off because there’s really not enough room for the driver side exhaust. Had a temporary fix of turn downs but I didn’t like the sound. Finally got the exhaust setup that sounds great and looks good. Still 2 mufflers into a Ypipe then out the stock exhaust spot. The Carven RPTs are still the best

1F870A88-5E33-433C-9BF1-CA8C95169EE7.jpeg AAB96F9E-E80D-4523-A03D-57688028C0E1.jpeg DA566C0B-0962-4176-96BA-3A331B2A3B5C.jpeg 5B78954D-ED6D-43AF-96A9-E632DC376CEC.jpeg

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in regards to the dash lights being out. I think that happened when the ignition switch was replaced.

here’s the issue....the hoe would not start randomly. But a quick jiggle of the battery and it started right up. The remote unlocked the truck but as soon as I tried to crank it....nothing. No lights or anything. When it cranked after the battery jiggle the clock was reset to 12:00. This leads me to believe there’s a short somewhere.

I took it to the local shop in my ****** little town and left it for a week. They determined it was the ignition switch and replaced it....low and behold it’s not the ignition as it still shorts out. And after they replaced the ignition switch all my dash lights were out ‍♂️

Fast forward to now it rarely starts without jiggling the battery. I’ve been trying to figure out the starting issues and can’t find the short. I was driving on the interstate and hit my high beams and the truck turned off and on real quick and the clock was back at 12:00 all while driving 80mph. This makes me thing the short is somewhere in the steering column. But why does it start after just a slight jiggle to the battery??

It’s out of my mechanical ability so I’m taking it to the shop tomorrow for the issue. Also going to have them do a once over and check things that wear out especially since I just hit 250k.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it starts after a jiggle of the battery cable, maybe you should try and clean up the terminals, and then tighten down the battery cables.

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it starts after a jiggle of the battery cable, maybe you should try and clean up the terminals, and then tighten down the battery cables.

The terminals are clean and tight. It only loses the connection or shorts when you rotate the key to turn it on. Everything works normal up to that point

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrading the headlights next weekend. New units should arrive this week. Decided to go with these replacements and I got some Amazon special LED lights for low and high beams before I spend the big bucks on high quality LED lights.

Gonna buy some silicone and hit all the seams just to double cover to make sure no water leaks or condensation occurs.

Can’t wait to get them swapped in. Think it will be a big facelift!

6F7187D6-3DB3-4506-BAFA-A9521BD9C9AF.jpeg 6F486153-7CBC-4082-884C-21B5248C1BB5.jpeg 40466C9D-884B-4626-8B37-538EFA4617AE.jpeg

OP
OP
Jlaughtr

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in regards to the dash lights being out. I think that happened when the ignition switch was replaced.

here’s the issue....the hoe would not start randomly. But a quick jiggle of the battery and it started right up. The remote unlocked the truck but as soon as I tried to crank it....nothing. No lights or anything. When it cranked after the battery jiggle the clock was reset to 12:00. This leads me to believe there’s a short somewhere.

I took it to the local shop in my ****** little town and left it for a week. They determined it was the ignition switch and replaced it....low and behold it’s not the ignition as it still shorts out. And after they replaced the ignition switch all my dash lights were out ‍♂️

Fast forward to now it rarely starts without jiggling the battery. I’ve been trying to figure out the starting issues and can’t find the short. I was driving on the interstate and hit my high beams and the truck turned off and on real quick and the clock was back at 12:00 all while driving 80mph. This makes me thing the short is somewhere in the steering column. But why does it start after just a slight jiggle to the battery??

It’s out of my mechanical ability so I’m taking it to the shop tomorrow for the issue. Also going to have them do a once over and check things that wear out especially since I just hit 250k.

The Hoe got a great 250k mile tune up. Mechanic went over everything from sensors, filters, engine, etc. Put new spark plugs and wires in and fixed the starting issue. There was a cut battery cable I didn’t see so it was losing connection. All fixed

she’s ready for another 250k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT