Motor mounts ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a DIYer:
Installed the H3 motor mounts last April - $100 ea
also
Installed the left and right frt differential mounts - $155 for the pair
also
removed exhaust y pipe, dropped trans pan and changed filter and fluid.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the H3 mounts solid ?
I got 100,000 miles from the factory mounts, so not like I care about upgrading.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the H3 mounts solid ?
I got 100,000 miles from the factory mounts, so not like I care about upgrading.
The H3 mounts are like a "normal" design mount... Rubber/ Steel
The denali mounts are oil filled to dampen everything to reduce noise/harness/vibration
The hummer the prob figured it's not for soccer moms, so they used better mounts

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The solid mounts are from the LMG 5.3 326hp & LH8 6.0 300hp motors found in base Tahoe, Hummer H3 alpha and other entry level full size SUV.

When used on a 405 hp L9H / L94 they’re interchangeable as far as dimensions, but by design they’ll under perform slightly on a 6.2L with a little vibration.

Lastly, as so many have experienced, replacing just one or two 6.2L mounts without addressing the entire drive train bushings will result in a short life of the 6.2L oil filled motor mounts.

So if you’re not going to replace the entire drive train bushings on the diffs, trans & motor of a 6.2L, stick with the solid mounts from the 5.3 & 6.0L or the two hydro mounts will quickly die and you’ll be back at square one to (pay again and) do the entire system correctly.

Just like when new off the factory floor the hydro 6.2L mounts give 5-10 years when all drive components bushings are replaced. If you like to hammer it expect less. HP & Speed costs $

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you fixated on the 6.2 ? I have a 2013 LTZ, with the punny 5.3, and I needed a motor mount. Lasted 100,000 miles.
My 2011 Escalade with the big motor also needed a motor mount at 80,000 miles.
90% of us have the 5.3 motor.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hydraulic mounts last 80,000 - 110,000 miles, who cares.
My other burb, 2014 base LS Suburban has 155,000 miles, original mounts.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@the blur I H3 motor mount has slightly noticeable vibration over the stock but I am overall happy with them.

It's barely noticeable if your other mounts are fine. And, 100% better than a trashed mount.

I did the solid mount by myself, and the hardest part was dealing with the stupid heat shield on the mount itself. (The H3 mount has a muuuch smaller heat shield, and is easier to maneuver into position)

Remove front wheel and liner.

Remove manifold heat shield.

Remove steering shaft center section.

Loosen/remove lower mount bolts.

Lift engine by jacking up the catalytic converter.

Loosen/remove upper mount bolts from engine block.

Wrestle out old mount. Will have to alter mount heat shield.

Drink a beer.

Reinstall new mount.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212