07 Tahoe, Tahoe starts Jerking when braking and or accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayG0223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ with a little over 155k miles. I recently changed my CV axle on the driver side because I thought that could be the problem.

I’d say for the first few minutes of driving it’s smooth, maybe 20-30mins into the drive If i have to brake at a light or come to a stop the truck will start jerking when coming to a stop and then again when i take off from the a complete stop.

Also when I go over little slight humps on the road while I’ll hear a distinct grinding noise every time the truck bounces, it sometimes even gets “stuck” and i’ll hear the grinding noise for about 1-2 secs before it gets “unstuck”.

All of this is coming from the front driver side wheel.

Any help would be amazing, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
J

JayG0223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ with a little over 155k miles. I recently changed my CV axle on the driver side because I thought that could be the problem.

I’d say for the first few minutes of driving it’s smooth, maybe 20-30mins into the drive If i have to brake at a light or come to a stop the truck will start jerking when coming to a stop and then again when i take off from the a complete stop.

Also when I go over little slight humps on the road while I’ll hear a distinct grinding noise every time the truck bounces, it sometimes even gets “stuck” and i’ll hear the grinding noise for about 1-2 secs before it gets “unstuck”.

All of this is coming from the front driver side wheel.

Any help would be amazing, thank you!

Definately jack it up and check the wheel bearing!
How do I know if the wheel bearing is bad? I did the (hands at 9-3) and shake it but it didn’t move a bit. Then again i only jacked up one side and the other side was still on the ground (if that matters) id just hate to take it into a shop for them to tell me it wa something i could’ve figured out on my own.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Is all that crap hanging on the bottom of the strut left over from the CV replacement job?

OP
OP
J

JayG0223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Is all that crap hanging on the bottom of the strut left over from the CV replacement job?
The picture attached was before the CV replacement. I will add more pictures when I get home, should be within the hour or so.

Also worth noting that mostly all the boots were ripped and leaking grease.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spin the wheel to see if you feel any roughness and push/pull the top/bottom of wheel to check for play

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660