More MagnaRide delete questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thuhreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look at Monroe 139104 strut. with the 22" wheel you have to be sure the tire clears the plate at the bottom of the spring on the strut. you can get a tire with a smaller outside diameter. ( must change all four at the same time.) it does alter the speedometer reading slightly. check this site; https://tiresize.com/comparison/ . also look at :

Thank you. So will stock tire size on stock 22" wheels not clear that monroe strut plate? Looks like you're saying it will not clear. Just want to confirm. Maybe I can find a strut assembly that will. Just bought a set of new tires a couple months ago.

charles dodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i found that strut info on another thread while researching for my 2015 suburban conversion, he said it worked on his.

Thuhreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks, thank you so much for the help. Picked up a set of Monroe 139104 quickstruts from advanced auto parts for $325 total and installed them last weekend in the garage. Beats the heck out of the nearly 2k cost the dealership wants. They also caused my front end to level out some as the measurement I took at the side of the front bumper is now 1.5 inches taller. Maybe the difference could be due to previous parts possibly sagging over time or the failed shocks in general. I'll check in in another month or so and take another measurement once these wear a little and post results here.

Any recommendations for rear shock replacements? And can resistors be installed in each of those as well to block magnaride's suspension warning on dash?

By the way, out of o'reilly's, autozone, and advanced auto parts, advanced is the only one that allows you to order local in-stock parts online with coupon code and immediately pick up in store. The others force you to have things delivered if you want to use the 15-25% coupons they're always running.

charles dodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
contact shocksims by X-ineering for the sensor simulators and Monroe 911506 for rear without level control or look at standard air shocks for suburban LS or LT if you want the auto level control to work.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info here those Monroe’s look to be a great value for a complete assembly.

Kevin Bebee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone !

From a person that just reads these posts normally and never posts I wanted to post my experience.

I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and bought the full kit (front and rear) from X-ineering. After sometime (out of the warranty) I started to get the suspension warning on my dash. I bought the software and cable from X-ineering to dig into into it deeper and found that I had one sensor open. Instead of purchasing a new half kit for $250 I decided to go a different route.

If you have already bought the full kit and want to DYI repair this kit yourself this is what I did. I put the sensor into boiling water on the stove for 10 min to warm it up enough to chip away at the 2-part epoxy they use to incase the resistor. Once the resistor is exposed and with a pick or the proper tool pull the resistor out of the connector and replace it. It will cause you to heat the solder up to remove and swap out the resistors on the terminals. Then put it all back together and do you best to seal it back up the best you can.

Here is the link to the resistor that I used.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/652-PWR221T-30-1R50F

X-ineering sells a good product, the time and effort they put in to make this whole set up look factory is why its expensive. But if you have some skills and want to try going around it there you go. I didn't want to the first time because figuring out where to start was above my head.

Thanks

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone !

From a person that just reads these posts normally and never posts I wanted to post my experience.

I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and bought the full kit (front and rear) from X-ineering. After sometime (out of the warranty) I started to get the suspension warning on my dash. I bought the software and cable from X-ineering to dig into into it deeper and found that I had one sensor open. Instead of purchasing a new half kit for $250 I decided to go a different route.

If you have already bought the full kit and want to DYI repair this kit yourself this is what I did. I put the sensor into boiling water on the stove for 10 min to warm it up enough to chip away at the 2-part epoxy they use to incase the resistor. Once the resistor is exposed and with a pick or the proper tool pull the resistor out of the connector and replace it. It will cause you to heat the solder up to remove and swap out the resistors on the terminals. Then put it all back together and do you best to seal it back up the best you can.

Here is the link to the resistor that I used.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/652-PWR221T-30-1R50F

X-ineering sells a good product, the time and effort they put in to make this whole set up look factory is why its expensive. But if you have some skills and want to try going around it there you go. I didn't want to the first time because figuring out where to start was above my head.

Thanks

I had an issue with the kit for my wifes denali as well, a while after the original install. Code reader showed sporadic readings...they were not consistent or within the proper specs. I emailed xineering to see what my options were, and they replied back that a new kit was in the mail. No questions asked. No charge. And it legit showed up in a day or two.

They are a great company and stand behind their product. And they are wonderful to deal with and super helpfully.

I highly recommend Xineering!

Kev 05 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From experience, the best thing to do in order to remove magnaride and keep the truck handling like stock is to get some oem springs and top mounts along with a lofted strut (bilstein 5100 / eibach/ rancho) and put it all together along with a set of ebay resistors to cancle the suspension warning light. You can also go for the bilstien 6112 series which has been in development for many years but is still new. These come with springs so you'll need a top mount and you're good to go.
What resistors did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz