Magnaride, Should I delete yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosco14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What worries me is they are failing. I was about to post this same question. Both fronts are shot, sounds horrible just backing out of level driveway. 2015 with alittle over 100k and not abused driving at all.
Will I just get 8 years and another 100k out of the new set OEM. Really unacceptable GM...
I've not got my quote yet. Suppose to call me tomorrow.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 years and 100k on a shock/strut is far from unacceptable.

cleancut41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello gang, I just joined this very informative group. I am on the fence of deleting or keeping the mag aride on my 2016 Yukon Denali. All four corners are leaking oil and has started to ride rough. I’m on the fence to upgrade to Arnott or dele it with manga delete or strut masters. What are y’all doing with your failing magnaride suspensions? Thank
Hello gang, I just joined this very informative group. I am on the fence of deleting or keeping the mag aride on my 2016 Yukon Denali. All four corners are leaking oil and has started to ride rough. I’m on the fence to upgrade to Arnott or dele it with manga delete or strut masters. What are y’all doing with your failing magnaride suspensions? Thank you in advance
On my 2016 Denali I replaced my magnaride with a strutmasters delete kit and don't regret it at all. The oem struts had shown leakage early and I didn't want to spend huge $$$$ on oem replacements that might go bad again too soon. With that said, if the cost doesn't matter, I would stick with the magnaride as it keeps the vehicle as original with a slightly better ride.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am always amazed at how many folks buy a vehicle with premium ride suspension and then complain about the cost of maintaining it.

@bosco14 , If 8 yrs and 100k is unacceptable, what are you expecting from a set of shocks that are handling a 6000+ vehicle?

bosco14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am always amazed at how many folks buy a vehicle with premium ride suspension and then complain about the cost of maintaining it.

@bosco14 , If 8 yrs and 100k is unacceptable, what are you expecting from a set of shocks that are handling a 6000+ vehicle?
Brother I have 7 vehicles, 3 corvettes, a couple hotrods, a SS HHR and the wife has 2 caddys, Escalade and SRX Premium. I'm well aware vehicles especially GM. This "street driven only" 4wd most definitely should not have to be replacing the front struts at 100k. My 2000 suburban I had for 20 years 217k and complete factory suspension with no issues. The new magnaride strut system is garbage. So thankful my C7 doesnt have mag ride just Z51..
Had to replace the tie rod ends on my DD SS at 100k this year which I can see with the components not being as beefy as they are on full size truck/suv. Pray the Escalade holds on it only has 42k as of now.
Maybe I expect to much. I'll try and do better.

OP
OP
Jerrouss

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a suspension from strut masters? OE replacement or delete? And if so how are their suspensions? I’m leaning towards Arnott or Dorman OE replacements. Thanks gang

OP
OP
Jerrouss

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well guys, I went with Arnott from PartsAvatar.ca they have the best price with free shipping. Stay tuned on how it turns out

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think you will be disappointed. I just replaced my fronts with Bilstein 5100 and right away I knew it was a worthy choice. I dont recall how the Magneride system was brand new but I am happy with my $230 front end upgrade. Already looking to replace the rears now.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the front struts on our '17 suburban premier with the arnott (Mag delete) and while I only have around 200miles on them so far, I can say that I'm not too impressed with the ride...definitely more float which I don't really mind and can live with, however, it seem to provide a rougher/stiffer ride when encountering the smaller road imperfections. I reached out to arnott wondering if maybe they could be defective or just have a stiffer dampening setup by mistake. I figured it would perform similar to that of a Non Mag suburban setup but that doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

The suburban is approaching 160k miles and have already had two sets of the MAG struts fail so I decided to give the arnotts a try. Not so sure I'm totally pleased with them but I'll wait until I log more miles before deciding my next steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts