More MagnaRide delete questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevejm35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for this thread. I've got a 2015 and the mag ride has locked up. I was instructed by my mechanic to just get new shocks all around, and put in a resistor on the mag wiring to stop any dash lights. I've found these resistors for 2007 - 2014 vehicles, but don't see any for 2015 and newer? Would it be the same? The ones I've seen are 3.9 ohm, 25 watt.
Also, would Bilstein 5100s fit ? I'm a newb , and I'm just hoping that I can get a better ride than it has felt like over the past year. My wife won't even drive with me anymore, as it feels like the truck is going to fall apart when it drives over a penny.

mfennema

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for this thread. I've got a 2015 and the mag ride has locked up. I was instructed by my mechanic to just get new shocks all around, and put in a resistor on the mag wiring to stop any dash lights. I've found these resistors for 2007 - 2014 vehicles, but don't see any for 2015 and newer? Would it be the same? The ones I've seen are 3.9 ohm, 25 watt.
Also, would Bilstein 5100s fit ? I'm a newb , and I'm just hoping that I can get a better ride than it has felt like over the past year. My wife won't even drive with me anymore, as it feels like the truck is going to fall apart when it drives over a penny.
I can't answer your question about the resistors, but as for the shocks, you can look up shocks that fit any 2015 Tahoe that isn't an LTZ and they should still fit.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to this forum but have been with GM-trucks.com in search for option for this stupid MRC, felt good on the test drive but feels like crap now.

What is the "flash" reprogramming was done. Is there a specific identification bulletin or name I can mention to my service dealer requesting a check up on what version I currently have an possible update for better ride quality. I eally just want to eliminate the MRC and go back to the LT suspension setup but

OP
OP

00Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reviving this thread as the worked solutions are still limited.

Struts are toast. After the flash, there was noticable improvememt, but mechanically, they have finally failed.

My question.....how do I get Bilsteins to work up front as they are not the complete strut assembly. What components are needed?

Had custom valved Fox 2.0's on my F150. Pricey, but its a complete bolt in assembly and they were amazing on my F150. Adjustable ride height too.

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to do my dads 2015. What front and rear FOX or Bilsteins could I use?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fox 2.0 Adjustable Front Coilovers - https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...evrolet&model=Tahoe+&year=2015&position=Front

Bilstein B8 5100 rear shocks (0-1" lift) - https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...44592086589575&SubModelId=7045869006277830410

The Fox front coilovers come preset at +2" ride height but could be adjusted down to your desired level. I have both these products running on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ and couldn't be happier. The ride is incredibly improved over my dumpy OE magneride (lost front at 35k and both rears around 50k miles).
Since I am +2.25" up front and +1" in rear; I can only imagine that the ride with these two products is even that much better running at "stock" ride heights. I also have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 20" so that adds to a "rougher ride." Depending on your ride height and tire choice I would say your father would be more than happy.

Perhaps check out the TYForum thread titled,
"'15 Tahoe LTZ - suspension - all four corners bad?" - some good info there and discussion of other MRC delete and shock replacement

Safe travels!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use the ShockSims simulators?

Yes, I used Xineering's Shock Sims MRC delete sensors at all 4 corners. That's 8 sensors all together (2/corner) and all are plug-n-play.

Max (owner) has a terrific background in computer programming & the auto industry.
He initially developed his patented MRC delete solution for getting Corvettes to perform faster, particularly in track racing. However, now GM dealerships have engaged Xineering to put lifts on top trim trucks & suvs and sell under warranty.

I am more than happy with the product, performance and customer support. Xineering is based out of Orlando, FL.

http://www.shocksims.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9