More MagnaRide delete questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hasan632

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone !

From a person that just reads these posts normally and never posts I wanted to post my experience.

I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and bought the full kit (front and rear) from X-ineering. After sometime (out of the warranty) I started to get the suspension warning on my dash. I bought the software and cable from X-ineering to dig into into it deeper and found that I had one sensor open. Instead of purchasing a new half kit for $250 I decided to go a different route.

If you have already bought the full kit and want to DYI repair this kit yourself this is what I did. I put the sensor into boiling water on the stove for 10 min to warm it up enough to chip away at the 2-part epoxy they use to incase the resistor. Once the resistor is exposed and with a pick or the proper tool pull the resistor out of the connector and replace it. It will cause you to heat the solder up to remove and swap out the resistors on the terminals. Then put it all back together and do you best to seal it back up the best you can.

Here is the link to the resistor that I used.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/652-PWR221T-30-1R50F

X-ineering sells a good product, the time and effort they put in to make this whole set up look factory is why its expensive. But if you have some skills and want to try going around it there you go. I didn't want to the first time because figuring out where to start was above my head.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing such experience. So if I just get those 4 resistors and connect them to the open loops on my after market shocks, will I get my speed back? I just installed 4 bypass modules last night which I bought from eBay for 35$. They don’t work. The service suspension code is still there and the error says “high resistance on each shock”. When contacted the seller, he said it’s only for z55 not for z95.

I’m wondering if the above resistors that you’ve used will help me get rid of my code.

Thanks

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hasan632 -> the group needs more info on your vehicle to be of better assistance.
Are you driving a 2015-2020? What are these after market shocks you are mentioning? Did you already purchase and install? Now you’re getting suspension messages, correct? Pictures can be very helpful along with part numbers and manufacturer data.
I’m guessing the current $35 eBay resistors are for as earlier model year.

hasan632

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@hasan632 -> the group needs more info on your vehicle to be of better assistance.
Are you driving a 2015-2020? What are these after market shocks you are mentioning? Did you already purchase and install? Now you’re getting suspension messages, correct? Pictures can be very helpful along with part numbers and manufacturer data.
I’m guessing the current $35 eBay resistors are for as earlier model year.

Sorry to not mention that earlier.

I drive a 2016 Yukon XL Denali With Z95 suspension type.

As they got very rigid, I’ve installed Profender Off-road reservoir type shocks with 8 levels of adjustment soft to rigid. The ride is very comfortable at levels 4&5 (not very floaty and rigid) The only thing I don’t like is the speed restriction. So I wanted went through eBay and found the modules for 35$. They aren’t working although the seller mentioned that they are suitable for 2016 Denali.

Now I’m wondering if the code will disappear when I replace the resistors in the current modules with those recommended by you. I’ve added pictures & description of the modules I bought.

Thanks & best wishes,

4F91FF15-E4BF-468D-A38E-4993F2A7E86D.png 9D2FA8C4-7C65-481B-9DE1-03E221DE50F0.png 92764B50-9C8C-4157-9F50-5721D7E4A560.jpeg

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hasan632 -
Xineering's GM Shock Sims product will do what you're wanting.
http://shocksims.com/
Their resistors are about the size of a USB flash memory stick. Very easy to plug into the z95 suspension circuitry. Xineering's product is a Ride Height Sensor and Shock Simulator at each corner. So, if you're eliminating the z95 at all four corners, you will plug in 8 individual resistors around your Yukon, 2 at each wheel.

Did you have air suspension in the rear? You will have to decide if you want the resistors for the front shocks or both front and rear.

JoeBalbina1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 LTZ Suburban. Just realized I’m part of this new community and issue.

I’m New member today. I want to keep the air ride, and install all new suspension. What’s the best route to do this?

I see members post about 5100s by bilstein with Simulators? This will keep the air ride?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 LTZ Suburban. Just realized I’m part of this new community and issue.

I’m New member today. I want to keep the air ride, and install all new suspension. What’s the best route to do this?

I see members post about 5100s by bilstein with Simulators? This will keep the air ride?

I replaced the factory air ride shocks in my wifes denali with Arnott’s non magnetic ride air units. They have built in sensors to trick the vehicle to think it still has magnaride. The air shocks have worked great so far.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 2015 Tahoe LT that the front shocks have begun knocking when I hit bumps indicating failure. Am I correct to assume that all Tahoe models 15-20' run the magnaride shocks? Looking to convert to the passive air ride shocks and have a local shop install. Will I need the sensor bypass as well? I have read a lot in the thread about auto-leveling but I think that only applies to the LTZ?

Basically want to know what parts I need to order (looking at Bilstein or Arnotts shocks) so I can get it right the first time. We also tow a 5400 lb travel trailer so want to make sure I get it not just right but keep it safe.

Thanks!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the LTZ trim level for '15-20 Tahoe/Suburban model years have the Magneride shocks. You can check your RPO codes, you will see z95 if you have the Magneride suspension.
LT and LS models are running passive suspension systems so you will NOT need any type of sensor bypass.

Have you had the front suspension looked at? Are you sure the shocks are on their way out?

What are you looking to do in your replacement of the front shocks? More ride height? Smoother ride? etc?

You do NOT have an air compressor on board in the rear so air leveling shocks will require additional parts.

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Only the LTZ trim level for '15-20 Tahoe/Suburban model years have the Magneride shocks. You can check your RPO codes, you will see z95 if you have the Magneride suspension.
LT and LS models are running passive suspension systems so you will NOT need any type of sensor bypass.

Have you had the front suspension looked at? Are you sure the shocks are on their way out?

What are you looking to do in your replacement of the front shocks? More ride height? Smoother ride? etc?

You do NOT have an air compressor on board in the rear so air leveling shocks will require additional parts.

Excellent information thank you! I haven't had them looked at but going from previous experience. Front two shocks "knock" when going over bumps. Also when towing and hit some I get a crazy wobble from time to time I had experienced before.

My outcomes I'm looking for are maybe slightly increased ride height (not required though) and increased control when driving and towing. While this thing used to ride smooth it feels more like I was driving an old Town Car vs a SUV.

Getting the suspension checked it probably a good start rather than making an assumption.

Can you expand more about the rear shocks and air leveling?

Again thank you for the info!