Magnaride, Should I delete yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtySouth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Debating the same decisions for my 2015 LTZ. For those of you that have opted for non-oem options (Strutmaster, Bilstein, Monroe...etc.), what solution did you go with to clear the dash lights? I can see some of the manufacturers, like Strutmaster, offer a bypass module but many of the others don't seem to offer that.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn’t an aftermarket suspension that will get anywhere near as good all around ride as the factory. You‘ll really spend a whole lot more money being cheap. You’ll do it over and over, till you do it right. Take the advice of people that have been there and done that.

DirtySouth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There isn’t an aftermarket suspension that will get anywhere near as good all around ride as the factory. You‘ll really spend a whole lot more money being cheap. You’ll do it over and over, till you do it right. Take the advice of people that have been there and done that.
I wonder what the trade-off is though in longevity when comparing after market to OEM.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the trade-off is though in longevity when comparing after market to OEM.
Not sure. I have 135k on mine. I just replaced the rear air shocks in mine. The fronts are getting weak but still work great. I think they last longer than most people think. Most people don’t post when they’re good. Think of the thousands and thousands of them out there with lots of miles working just fine.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I have 135k on mine. I just replaced the rear air shocks in mine. The fronts are getting weak but still work great. I think they last longer than most people think. Most people don’t post when they’re good. Think of the thousands and thousands of them out there with lots of miles working just fine.
Let's be clear, your generation magnarides last longer than the 2015-2020 yrs. I had a 2008 Escalade before the Denali. Most 2015-2020 owners aren't getting over 50k on their magnarides which says alot why people don't want to cough up $1500+ just to have another GM part fail again. 3 yrs ago there wasn't the aftermarket there is today. Arnott was only making passive replacements. Now they make actual magnarides as well as others. So long as the aftermarket options last, the option of keeping magnaride makes better fiscal sense.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2015 Yukon XL Denali with magnetic ride control I got 85K miles out of the front mag ride struts and 105K miles out of the rear shocks. And I had replaced the rears only cause I figured “it was time”.

I don’t care what brand/type shocks and struts you have; OEM Mag ride, Monroe, Bilstein, etc. 80-100K miles out of shocks and struts is very good.

Generic shock/strut life span can be 40-50K miles under “extreme heavy use”. Under “normal conditions” can stretch to 75-90K miles. Off road use, towing, not paying attention to road conditions, catching a bunch of pot holes, curbs, and running śhit over can all affect and reduce shock/strut life span.

I think most owners also forget how big our rigs are; The GM full size SUV’s are amongst the largest SUVs on the road for size and weight. It should be a safe assumption that wear items like shocks/struts and even stock brakes are going to wear out faster than a smaller vehicle like a Telluride, Traverse, Prius, 4Runner, etc. Those vehicles are thousands of pounds lighter.

MRC is also a premium/luxury higher trim suspension option on our vehicles. It should be a safe assumption by all owners that Premium/luxury OEM parts will be more expensive to maintain/replace than “standard” trim parts and options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019