Magnaride, Should I delete yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello gang, I just joined this very informative group. I am on the fence of deleting or keeping the mag aride on my 2016 Yukon Denali. All four corners are leaking oil and has started to ride rough. I’m on the fence to upgrade to Arnott or dele it with manga delete or strut masters. What are y’all doing with your failing magnaride suspensions? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpeg
    IMG_3060.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 6

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Moved you here from the 2021+ section.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM replacement front struts aren’t bad on $$ but the rears are. Arnott are comfortable but a little softer ride and typically the front ride height is a little lower with those. Some might feel that they lost the “sporty” feel that the stiffer dampening provides. Shock sims, shocks/struts, and a new spring in the rear usually add up to what the cost of magneride replacements would be.

Really depends on how you felt about the stock suspension before it started going out and if you’d like to keep it the exact same or go in a different direction.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pony up to keep the OEM ride. You liked it this long, then you can enjoy it again for the same amount of time. But, Arnott isn't a bad second choice. Used those as well on my 2007 Denali years back w/o any issues

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was asked several weeks ago and it was about 75% keep the magneride and 25% said to change it. Whatever you decide buy your parts online and not from the Dealer. Either OEM or Arnott.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend keeping the Magneride, as IMO it is a superior suspension for these trucks, normally a smooth ride, but automatically stiffens, as road conditions may require.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, stick with OEM. You bought a vehicle with premium features and that does come with a cost, but it’s part of what led you to buy it in the first place. I have seen a large number of folks that try and “save money” by swapping out the premium suspension components and then are upset that the vehicle doesn’t ride as well afterwards.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only delete of you want to lift it...
This is where I am.
Right front shock leaking on my '17 Denali gave me an opportunity to level it 1" with FOX coil over replacements. Rear is fine so far.
Well, I don't have the coil overs in yet, life gets in the way sometimes.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been riding on a leaking strut longer then I realized so I forget what a new Magneride feels like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts