Some observations on Magnaride after recent replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just some things I noted after replacing the Magnaride shocks that may help others with troubleshooting. When I first got the vehicle, I installed a 2" leveling kit from Rough Country along with spacers for the ride height sensor connecting rod. Everything worked well together to continue the advantages of the electronic shocks. Time went by and two of the shocks need to be replaced. I got all four new OEM units with the fronts already assembled with new springs ready to install. When the work was complete, the new springs raised the front an additional 2" making it higher in the front than rear. We removed the leveling kit and ride height sensor spacers to return it to a now level ride. The suspension didn't seem right and the ride was rough. After some brainstorming I reinstalled the ride height sensor spacers as the control arm was in the same location as when it had the leveling kit. For me this solved the ride height difference over stock without having to have a dealer reset the ride height calibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar