More MagnaRide delete questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockstar143

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went outside and unplugged all things magnaride up front and my goodness does
the car drive so much better without that input. Like, shocks are fine...don't need it...feels
how smooth and happy like I remember my 04 feeling going over bumps. I'll be looking into
deleting for sure.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went outside and unplugged all things magnaride up front and my goodness does
the car drive so much better without that input. Like, shocks are fine...don't need it...feels
how smooth and happy like I remember my 04 feeling going over bumps. I'll be looking into
deleting for sure.

well, sounds to me like you just deleted it already LOL.

never thought about unplugging the damn things.... we slammed around in my wifes denali for about 5000 miles before I finally swapped em out. Should have just unplugged the damn things!

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
deleting for sure.
After you unplugged all the sensors, did you get any codes on dash? “Service suspension” or anything like that?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you will definitely get a service suspension code. Your vehicle will also be limited to 85 mph.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From experience, the best thing to do in order to remove magnaride and keep the truck handling like stock is to get some oem springs and top mounts along with a lofted strut (bilstein 5100 / eibach/ rancho) and put it all together along with a set of ebay resistors to cancle the suspension warning light. You can also go for the bilstien 6112 series which has been in development for many years but is still new. These come with springs so you'll need a top mount and you're good to go.
Why do you need to change the OEM springs? This is the first I have heard about this?

Also do you have a part number for the top mounts that need to be ordered?

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I just replaced my OEM Magneride struts/shocks with units from Arnott SK3354 and AS3066. They maintain the air leveling and have a built in resistor that fools the ride control. They were $1300 at Rockauto. The shock is an Eibach unit and the ride is incredible. I wish I knew about these when the truck was new, I would have replaced them then.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my OEM Magneride struts/shocks with units from Arnott SK3354 and AS3066. They maintain the air leveling and have a built in resistor that fools the ride control. They were $1300 at Rockauto. The shock is an Eibach unit and the ride is incredible. I wish I knew about these when the truck was new, I would have replaced them then.

Great to hear!

The rear air shocks just showed up for my wifes denali. Cant wait to get these babies on!

36CD3253-86E4-4BAB-B269-56F4893C77C1.jpeg

Thuhreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a front resistor kit in. I'm going to first try just installing that before I purchase strut assemblies & see how the ride is. When I look at front strut assemblies that aren't for magnaride suspensions, they all also mention something like this - without Magnetic Ride Control Suspension; Except Electronic Adjustable Suspension; without 22 in Wheels.

Problem is I'm working with a 2015 Yukon Denali with 22" factory wheels. I don't know if it's saying that because having 22" wheels means the vehicle must have magnaride so they don't want folks to purchase the wrong part or if there's actually going to be a compatibility issue in my case.
Thoughts?

Preferably, I'd like to get a set of strut assemblies that also provide approx 2" lift. Looking for recommendations.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a front resistor kit in. I'm going to first try just installing that before I purchase strut assemblies & see how the ride is. When I look at front strut assemblies that aren't for magnaride suspensions, they all also mention something like this - without Magnetic Ride Control Suspension; Except Electronic Adjustable Suspension; without 22 in Wheels.

Problem is I'm working with a 2015 Yukon Denali with 22" factory wheels. I don't know if it's saying that because having 22" wheels means the vehicle must have magnaride so they don't want folks to purchase the wrong part or if there's actually going to be a compatibility issue in my case.
Thoughts?

Preferably, I'd like to get a set of strut assemblies that also provide approx 2" lift. Looking for recommendations.

They are mentioning the "WITHOUT MAGNERIDE CONTROL" so that people do not purchase an incorrect strut/coil assembly to replace their magneride struts. The magneride struts literally "plug in" at the top of the strut assembly. I'm guessing this is where your resistors may be installed...
FYI - when you're doing your searching for parts, DO NOT enter LTZ as your trim, use LT. Basically, with the resistors installed, the magneride is "deleted" up front and you've gone passive, just like the LT and LS trims.

Once you've bypassed the computer with your resistor kit, you can put on any passive strut/coil combo that fits the 2015-2020 Tahoe/Yukon/Eskie models up front.
The LTZ and Denali can come with 22" wheels - specs on the door sticker: 22" diam x 9" width and 20" diam x 9" width are GM OE wheel sizes.

I don't think you really would want to go over a 22" wheel, even with a 2"+ level up front. You will have very minimal sidewall running and with the 2"+ level the front struts will be riding rough compared to factory.

My recommendation for the 2"+ front level, improved ride quality and overall product quality: Fox 2.0 Adjustable Coilovers (0-2" lift) or Fox 2.5 Coilovers w/Remote Reservoir
You can also look at a company called Freedom Off-Road out of SC. The owner has a Tahoe and has his vehicle lifted up with their products.
They have several different front strut assemblies (offering increased ride height) as well as an 0-4" adjustable coilover.
I currently am running their UCA's for 2-4" lift and have been very pleased so far.

Fox Shocks Part #985-02-018
https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...C&model=Sierra+1500+&year=2018&position=Front
OR https://www.shocksurplus.com/products/fox-2-0-performance-series-coilovers-985-02-018

Freedom Off-Road Shocks
https://www.freedomoffroadusa.com/shocks.html

charles dodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look at Monroe 139104 strut. with the 22" wheel you have to be sure the tire clears the plate at the bottom of the spring on the strut. you can get a tire with a smaller outside diameter. ( must change all four at the same time.) it does alter the speedometer reading slightly. check this site; https://tiresize.com/comparison/ . also look at :

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne