Maintenance to do after picking up your "new" truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove it from the truck your good, if you clean it on the truck and open the throttle blade up you can throw the calibration off and you’ll have to do an idle relearn, and it’s best to remove it anyways so you get all the crap on the backside out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m guessing taking it off the truck is the tricky bit?!

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s 3 nuts you have to remove, and you can either put some rags under it and clean it there or disconnect the coolant hose that goes through it and clean it off the truck, I’d replace the throttle body gasket too it’s under $10 for a Felpro one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've cleaned several on 00. 03. 04, 12 on the truck and never had anything happen than have it sputter once or twice at initial startup from the spray fumes being in the intake system, I have replaced the IAC also and within a minute it was back to normal idle, on my 12 I even completely swapped mine out for the ls7 throttle body and it was plug n play. only vehicle I ever had to have relearned was as a stupid nissan maxima.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id avoid a trans flush if the fluid is not red still.

if its brown and smells burnt, a flush could kill the tranny on the spot. pan drop is much safer leaving a lot of the old fluid. the old fluid is all thats making it move, flush it and it could die.

why it took me 6 months to find the one i got, they all had brown tranny fluid. and i was not into a trans job off the bat when they would not drop the price.

Fixed that

Clean the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body.

Added that in

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my tahoe I cleaned the throttle body and injectors and injectors ports. I removed the injectors and used B12 and q-tips they were all gummed up and the injectors had a film from gunk and gas cooked on to the face. After cleaning those I got about 3-4 extra mpg and it was an easy job. YouTube is amazing

I'll be doing this to my yukon when it warms up

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I got my tahoe I cleaned the throttle body and injectors and injectors ports. I removed the injectors and used B12 and q-tips they were all gummed up and the injectors had a film from gunk and gas cooked on to the face. After cleaning those I got about 3-4 extra mpg and it was an easy job. YouTube is amazing

I'll be doing this to my yukon when it warms up
What's B12?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member