Lug Nut Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've googled this and found answers from 70 to 140. Can someone tell me the proper torque for lug nuts. I'm guessing between 75 & 80? 140 is too much.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...no

you toque it by hand...without a torque wrench..because it doesnt matter...I've been doing this for the last 3 years...and ALL the time in Iraq on the humvees...specially with how hard I drove them through the dessert...it doesnt need to be exact...

wmgood64

BILL
Reaction score
I thought the idea was to get all the lugs evenly torqued so you didnt warp the rotor???? Isnt it easier using a torgue wrench i set mine for 140 and torgue all lug exactlly the same!!!

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, your not gonna harm anything.. (unless you hand tighten the lugs and leave it like that)

if your worried about exact torque rating...do 130 per lug...but if you do it by hand, you'll still be fine

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no..again, not a big deal...(first hand experience)
I use that when its avail. you'll know when its tight...and your impact isnt going to be set to 500ft lbs

OP
OP
Yuk_Nali_6.0

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if I didn't have a torque wrench handy I'd do them by hand, but since I have one I prefer to just do it by the book.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea...I mean..if you have a torque wrench there next to you...use it...its just nothing to stress over..thats all :)
Its always best to go by the book anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts