Ltz tow hitch cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
So I have my 08 ltz with the tow package, I only ever use it for towing in the summer, I've seen lots of tahoes eskys and yukons with a cover over the tow hitch in the rear bumper I love the way it looks and would love to get one but my dealership says they don't make them for my truck and I've looked on eBay and they say not "compatible with ltz models" is this true? I can't get one? And are these removable when you need to tow something

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 07-08 Tahoe LS/LT/LTZ and Yukon/SLE/SLT use a totally different bumper then escalades and yukon denali's. In 2009, the Tahoe LTZ bumper switched to the ones that the Yukon Denali and Escalade bumper. The bumper uses a much cleaner looking hitch cover along with a different bumper step pad that has a chrome trim on it. I actually had a white 08 Tahoe LTZ and changed out the whole bumper assembly to the newer 09+ ones. It looks much better. The 07-08 models do have an OEM hitch cover but it looks like shit :/ They are saying it won't fit because they are referring to the newer LTZ's that are 09+. They will fit yours. And yes it comes off when you want to tow.

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize there was so much difference in the bumper. I'm still having a hell of a time finding a hitch cover for 08 ltz so if you know where yo get one lemme know

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eBay and gmpartsdirect.com both have the factory ones. They even have aftermarket ones on eBay for your style bumper.

Here's a pic of it when I had my Tahoe:

back.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

And a pic of the new one: new.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Ok and that just clips right on? Or is there more to it? Also I notice that you've answered a lot of my questions in different threads, thanks bud! You rock

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Gm parts direct says it's listed but the picture is different it looks like the newer style, and the ones on eBay that look like they will fit all say will not work for ltz.... Just a little confused

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Big thanks to Felix for clearing up my confusion with the hitch covers, found a good deal on one on eBay, can't wait for it to get here

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. One good thing about the OEM one is it already comes painted the exact color of your car too. Most come unpainted black and must be profesionally painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10