Tow Hooks or Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
I would like to be prepared for winter ditch rescues with my Yukon XL SLT 4WD by creating a pull point on the front like my Silverado has.

Has anyone here put tow hooks on the front of their Yukon? Do they mount to the frame the same as a pickup?

Has anyone added a front receiver hitch?

How were your bumper covers modified to accommodate either one?

TIA

OP
OP
RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Reaction score
I installed the factory tow hooks on my 2019 Tahoe. Super quick and easy.
Mounts directly to the frame.
I bought the plastic thing that goes around that area with the cutout holes for the hooks, so that it’s all factory.

Nice. Thank you for the reply. I haven’t been able to find any mention in GMC’s literature that tow hooks were even an option. I will check Chevy’s info for part numbers and, hopefully, pictures.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search on here, many people have added the tow hooks so long as you don't have adaptive cruise control radar box in the way.

OP
OP
RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Do a search on here, many people have added the tow hooks so long as you don't have adaptive cruise control radar box in the way.

Yes, I did find one thread where the member added tow hooks to an SLT, apparently without adaptive cruise, which I have.

Those members who have commented on his thread have pointed out that the fascia must be more than cut: it must be changed.

I had hoped that since that thread was written several years ago, that another member may have found an elegant solution. Nope.

OP
OP
RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Reaction score
It can be cut. I did mine, but I was also adding a pushbar so it’s hidden.

Post in thread 'The twin hoes'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/the-twin-hoes.121777/post-1693680

Thank you! I also read part of your build thread. Creative solutions.

Now that I can see that the factory hooks are quite recessed — a nice look actually — I think I’ll skip the tow hooks for now.

Under ideal conditions, I could get a strap hooked on the recessed hooks, but in the dark, with howling wind and two feet of snow to dig through, I anticipate frustration.

For now, I will run my D-ring receiver hitch insert. Although it is harder to see towing progress and not quite as low a gear ratio as reverse, at least it is a non-invasive solution and I don’t have to be concerned with breaking straps smashing through my windshield.

Thank you to everyone that replied.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do make a plastic factory panel with a single cutout for 1 passenger side hook specifically for an application with adaptive cruise.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so unless they made a custom cutout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar