Tow Hooks or Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2021 Yukon Denali and I found a GM parts listing for tow hook (with threads) that said it was compatible but I don't know. Personally, I'm going to try to have a custom front 2" receiver added since they don't make any for 2021+ and I can get a tow point to fit the receiver - which will work for front or rear.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2021 Yukon Denali and I found a GM parts listing for tow hook (with threads) that said it was compatible but I don't know. Personally, I'm going to try to have a custom front 2" receiver added since they don't make any for 2021+ and I can get a tow point to fit the receiver - which will work for front or rear.
Does your bumper cover have any cutouts for hooks?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2856043519...ndex5SimRanker&_trksid=p3458402.c101506.m1851

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure as I couldn't find specifics and I wonder if the frame is right behind this area? I found a threaded hook GMC part but not sure it's for the front. 2021+ seems to have limited parts/info.
1704645235124.png

This says it fits - does it attach to the frame? or are other parts needed?
1704645914502.png

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hard to say without a side by side measurement. They sure don't stick out very much on the SUVs, almost as if it was an "Afterthought" or they thought people would only be installing them for looks.
doesn't take much plastic to be in the way, I was going to leave the oem tow rings on but there was "barely" room to get a strap on them for recovery use and no way to fit a d-ring on them. Adding the kit made it much better, besides if you are on a trail and get hung up or stuck you want to be able to recover quickly and not hold up other people screwing around, go prepared to recover quickly, straps and other necessary gear in arms reach not buried somewhere that's going to take you 20 minutes just to start getting unstuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts