Tow Hooks or Front Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RoadTrip

RoadTrip

Reaction score
I installed 2 hooks and the plastic piece with the cutouts, all oem parts too.

Thank you for the picture. It looks nice. Looking at the factory options list, they did show the tow hooks as optional, so there must have been a bumper panel to allow for that.

I like that there seems to be a surround on the hook itself to help stop the high pressure salt water injection of winter driving.

I do have adaptive cruise, so I need to get my head under there and see if the sensors would be compromised.

Thank you everyone for your replies

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think so unless they made a custom cutout.
Blaine is correct, you can order the panel with 1 or 2 cutouts to suit your application. I added the 2 front hooks and factory panel on my 2020 SLT.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blaine is correct, you can order the panel with 1 or 2 cutouts to suit your application. I added the 2 front hooks and factory panel on my 2020 SLT.
The problem is - that rare panel you can order with 1 passenger side cutout, does NOT have the cutout recessed, which must make use of the factory tow hook an even worse experience! At least that is what I have seen when viewing the picture of the panel online. I have never seen one in person.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the picture. It looks nice. Looking at the factory options list, they did show the tow hooks as optional, so there must have been a bumper panel to allow for that.

I like that there seems to be a surround on the hook itself to help stop the high pressure salt water injection of winter driving.

I do have adaptive cruise, so I need to get my head under there and see if the sensors would be compromised.

Thank you everyone for your replies

There is a gap around the tow hooks. I thought I saw some sort of a rubberized type of "filler" on some trucks but I don't have them. It is just an open hole, and I have not been able to find a part number if such a filler exists.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another member added these rough country shackles to his suv with a extension bracket he made
I put them on my silverado (what they are made for), they bolt up but on the suv's I believe you need to make a extension otherwise they are too short
shackle.JPGshackle1.JPGshackle2.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Seeing as the Tahoe and Silverado tow hooks are exactly the same part numbers, I wonder why an extension bracket is necessary when using the Rough Country D-ring brackets on a Tahoe?
I believe the bumper cover sticks out out more than on the trucks, more nose on them
the bumper on my silverado is metal for instance and on the suv's it is plastic

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the bumper cover sticks out out more than on the trucks, more nose on them
the bumper on my silverado is metal for instance and on the suv's it is plastic
It is hard to say without a side by side measurement. They sure don't stick out very much on the SUVs, almost as if it was an "Afterthought" or they thought people would only be installing them for looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660