LS swap is happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 OBS yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im buying the holley terminator x stand alone harness with the touch screen that also runs the tranny. Seems like most of the problems are in that area of the swap. Mechanically there isnt much to it but guys try to patch together wiring harnesses and buy weird ones from the internet that dont work right. Im sure there will be some bugs to work out but i think i will avoid a lot of them with the holley

I have a 99 Yukon SLT and im looking at doing this swap. I cant quite stomach the cost of building the motor but i would love too. I have heard a ton of different things about using stand alone harnesses vs plug and play harnesses or wiring it yourself. Is there a reason your doing the stand alone?

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon SLT and im looking at doing this swap. I cant quite stomach the cost of building the motor but i would love too. I have heard a ton of different things about using stand alone harnesses vs plug and play harnesses or wiring it yourself. Is there a reason your doing the stand alone?
Because i believe that when everything goes to shit holley will answer up their phone. also i wont have to keep paying to have it tuned over and over like some horror stories i've heard

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a interesting vehicle because I haven't made any effort to take it in any particular direction. A friend of my didn't want the wheels off his 2016 silverado anymore so I bought them.
Another buddy that's into the 4x4 scene said man you gotta do a hydroboost swap, Im going to the junk yard we'll just get 2 of everything.. ok!
The jl audio top of the line amps I got from a stereo shop owner friend who was selling them for one of his clients. I didn't like my alpines so he said here lets try these if you like em buy em... ok!
Last my friend I work 10 feet away form 40 hours a week get not one but 2 ls engines to swap into his 1985 chevy truck. He says hey if you buy me the cam kit for my engine i"ll rebuild one for you too. Well now that happened.
So I'm just going with the flow and it's turning out pretty sweet!
I wonder what will be next? I have no plans lol

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a interesting vehicle because I haven't made any effort to take it in any particular direction. A friend of my didn't want the wheels off his 2016 silverado anymore so I bought them.
Another buddy that's into the 4x4 scene said man you gotta do a hydroboost swap, Im going to the junk yard we'll just get 2 of everything.. ok!
The jl audio top of the line amps I got from a stereo shop owner friend who was selling them for one of his clients. I didn't like my alpines so he said here lets try these if you like em buy em... ok!
Last my friend I work 10 feet away form 40 hours a week get not one but 2 ls engines to swap into his 1985 chevy truck. He says hey if you buy me the cam kit for my engine i"ll rebuild one for you too. Well now that happened.
So I'm just going with the flow and it's turning out pretty sweet!
I wonder what will be next? I have no plans lol

Got any more of them friends you want to get rid of? I could use some sweet deals lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157