Which Knock sensor is P0327?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no warranty? no way to call and ask what brand they used? no receipt?
in that 2nd video I linked in the comments it seems to be a common issue with none resolved in the comments but one person did mention adding a ground.
I forgot to answer your question. Sounds like they did warranty the repair. He took originally after they replaced the knock sensors and they replaced the harness at that point. I think his trouble is, it's his work truck and he doesn't have any downtime to let them troubleshoot the problem further.

I help him at work and am a bit of perfectionist with such things. I hate to see his engine light going off all the time. I kick myself for not helping him originally despite my worst case scenario fears.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, there is a torque spec for the knock sensors. I can't recall exactly what it is, but I had to look it up when I replaced mine. I read in service data that if they are over tightened then that could cause them to be far more sensitive and detect false spark knock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thought! Yeah I don't recall it either but it's 18 ft lbs or less... maybe even something odd like 11. I remember when I changed mine. They may have torqued them unevenly.

chriskat01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't see an answer to the original question. Bank 1 is the front sensor and bank 2 is the rear sensor. The torque spec I found was 15 ft-lbs.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we sorted out the oxygen sensor problem. I think was a loose connector. However, never figured out what side that code is for. Odd or even side of engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz