LS or Fleet? What do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's the scoop, even though I know this is going to sound totally noobish.

I bought my 2005 Tahoe a few months ago, guys on the lot told me it was an LT with a 4.8L. Now, after some researching, I found the RPO's and didn't find SLT in the list for my truck, so I'm pretty sure I do not have an LT. Based on standard features of the truck, I can't figure out what I've got going on here. Examples:
- Power pedals, but no memory seating
- AWD, meaning I don't have 2WD/4HI/4LO buttons, I've got 3 buttons, but only a 4LO button...so I think it's AWD.
- Autoride, as I hear the compressor every time I start it up.
- no Homelink
- aftermarket sunroof (which actually isn't bad)
- leather buckets up front, leather seating all around actually

I mean, I'm not finding anything consistent with an LT or LS here. Then, out of the blue as I'm googling trying to find out WTF I'm rolling, I come across a "Fleet" trim on edmunds.com, but it's got no details on standard features, so now I'm about as confused as a mako shark in a tank full of lima beans....and no, I have no clue what that means either.

SO....anyone got any tips to figure out what trim I have? Are there a few RPO's that I should be looking for that will clear it up for sure?

OP
OP
M

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, any freakin thing is possible. Gonna go out and check when I'm done with work....

but now the Joisey Boy in my head is sayin "If it's a 5.3 and they sold it saying it was a 4.8, you can sue those bitches!!!" LOL

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
check the sticker under the hood to see if 5.3 or 4.8, but from the sounds of it even the sticker might not be enough to confirm it...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo