Low oil light won't turn off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elsaddiq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, after a recent oil change, the low oil light came on, which, of course, scared me a bit as I was motoring down the highway at a high rate of speed. I pulled over to check it and the levels were fine. I tried resetting it, letting the engine cool down, restarting the car, etc. It just won't go off. It's been on for three days now, so needless to say, I check the level a lot. Anyone else experience this and possibly have a cure?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you paid attention to oil pressure? Oil level could be fine but your oil pressure may not be

OP
OP
E

elsaddiq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pressure stays around the midpoint (40) when driving and drops down to the 1/4 point at idle. Should I be worried?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure. When driving down the highway my oil pressure is at 55-60 psi and dips to about 30-35 psi when idling. :shrug: something to watch out for, though.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
elsaddiq,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for advice on how to resolve this issue yourself. I might not be able to give you any advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
E

elsaddiq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. Jennifer, I will gather my info and pm you.

OP
OP
E

elsaddiq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't disconnected the battery yet but I'll give that a shot. Where would I view codes? I haven't seen any on the info screen.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
elsaddiq,

Yes, thank you for reaching out to us. I already responded to your private message,

Looking forward to assisting you,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino

Latest posts