Question about oil pressure 2014 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I was getting low oil pressure. Maybe 17-18 when warmed up and idling in park. Changed oil and filter and it went up and I didn’t think of it after that. Now I have taken it on some road trips. I use the AFM disabler as well. I was at a stop light and had my foot on the brake and when rpm was sitting at 500 rpm the oil psi got down to 19 psi. Just under 20 which is what I like to see at the least under any circumstances. I may be misinformed

No engine lights and seems to run fine otherwise.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I think of it. Accounting for the lower rpm in drive vs park. Wouldn’t a pound lower be normal?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say, "I was getting low oil pressure", and "oil pressure got down to 19psi", if this is reported oil pressure at the instrument cluster, the next thing to do is to verify the oil pressure independent of your oil pressure sensor.
There is a screen situated near your oil pressure sensor that eventually clogs and lowers the oil pressure sensor's readings without actually lowering real oil pressure.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Now that I think of it. Accounting for the lower rpm in drive vs park. Wouldn’t a pound lower be normal?
I’ve replaced 4-5 of the oil pressure screens in my Tahoe but now either the pickup tube or oil pump is finally going out because idling she’s around 14-17lbs driving she’s around 20lbs and wide open throttle the highest it got was 25-27lbs I’m now looking into a new oil pump and gaskets to tackle the job since I got to do the water pump also it would be easy to do the pump while I got it all apart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019