Lots done to the XL the past 2 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTR_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
been putting off much needed work and finally had 2 days to dedicate to the Yukon. It was hesitating to go into 1st or reverse from park and was making front end noise.

Ended up replacing:
Trans filter and pan gasket
Both Shift Solenoids
EPC Solenoid - AC Delco
TCC PWM Solenoid - AC Delco
3/2 Downshift
Manifold Pressure Switch
Internal Wire Harness
Full fluid flush
Installed external trans filter

Also replaced the pitman arm and idler arm, that was a pain!

Alignment scheduled for tomorrow, and the trans shifts and responds awesome, the old fluid was dark, but seems happy now!

With about 245k, trying to get a couple more years outta this tranny.

OP
OP
TTR_48

TTR_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the work on the trans was easier than doing the pitman and idler, they don't make such a simple part easy to get to...

OP
OP
TTR_48

TTR_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon was hesitating going into 1st or reverse from park. I found this page and narrowed it down to the EPC.

http://www.twincharlotte.com/transm...60E-Transmission-Problems-Repair-Charlotte-NC

I found a kit with all of the electronic parts all ac delco except the harness for $150. Figured since I was in there do it all. Fluid was dirty, flushed it.

Found info on this site about installing a external filter, with as many miles as the beast has and not knowing when the last time it was serviced was, figured a filter to pick up the lose particles down to 10 microns would be a good thing, plus helps cool the fluid having another 8ish feet of line to run through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet