1st time replacing 10 speed fluid & filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With fluids and filter already purchased, my Chevy dealer is willing to do it for $130 labor on Monday which sets me back around $235 total. Easy button pushed, lol. I balked at the narrow temp range check, and for that price its well worth it to me...

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use new filter bolts??? Read they are not reusable. One time use torque then specific degree turn. I bought the AC Delco filter--no bolts! So i called my dealer and they had none. He checked other dealers none around. I asked well when a customer comes in today for a trans filter and fluid change what do your techs do with no bolts???????? So he goes and asks the trans tech.........they reuse them and do a half torque.....
so I did the change and snugged up the bolts as directed and did a flush also of the oil cooler lines using 13 qts of fluid at correct temp.

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reused the trans filter bolts.
Before doing my trans fluid & filter I ran a few errands to get that trans temp up. It's nice having the trans temp gauge by selecting tow mode.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Did you do the half torque or just a good snug?/ I already did the wifes 2018 escalade and it went really well. But now I am about to do my '21 Sierra. I have the fluid pump and all the filter and fluid...just concerned something is different regarding the bolts?

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a good snug. Been turning wrenches for 50 years+ so have learned that tighter isn't always better. If using a torque wrench I would go slightly under spec.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm might purchase one of these
I love mine. I have used it for, brake fluid, steering fluid, trans fluid exchanges, motor oil in the tractor, pulling the coolant out of the system as I break it down, sucking my fuel tank dry in the boat at the end of the season. I even use it to suck the drain water out of the beer cooler in the garage. :anitoof:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo