Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a '23 Z71 with the air ride suspension. Want to level it, at a minimum, and maybe go up as much as 2". A few questions:

What's the best lift options? I've used the air ride height rod lifters on my Land Rover but wanted to see if anyone has used these on their Tahoe and what the impact on ride quality was (https://www.suspensionsuperstore.com/2021-2023-chevy-tahoe-w-active-ride-air-ride-0-2-5-lift-kit/)

What's the largest tire you can get if you just level? Sounds like it might be around 33.5" on the OE rims? Does adding a spacer help at all with clearance/size options?
To lift with just the bags, EdgyMods. Work great and you dial in what you want.

I run a 285/60r20. It seems like I get a little rubbing at full lock under certain situations, but there are no witness marks so it is good. I think the absolute largest without rubbing is a 285/70r18.

I spacer will swing a wider arc, and this have a chance to rub more on the fenderwells, especially at the rear of the front fenders.

Happyhungarian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To lift with just the bags, EdgyMods. Work great and you dial in what you want.

I run a 285/60r20. It seems like I get a little rubbing at full lock under certain situations, but there are no witness marks so it is good. I think the absolute largest without rubbing is a 285/70r18.

I spacer will swing a wider arc, and this have a chance to rub more on the fenderwells, especially at the rear of the front fenders.
Is there an option that lifts without just the bags? Is there a spacer/block equivalent for air suspension that won’t compromise the ride quality/benefits of the air suspension?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an option that lifts without just the bags? Is there a spacer/block equivalent for air suspension that won’t compromise the ride quality/benefits of the air suspension?
Any lift will stiffen the ride due to everything being under more stress.

I think you could use a regular spacer lift kit for magnaride and then use the Edgymods links to spoof the sensors into thinking they are at normal ride height. You would have to contact Edgymods as I think you would need a longer threaded section depending on lift.

Not sure how the magnaride would react. Should be okay, but just not sure.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is your location ?
i am looking to pull the trigger very soon on the following...
Ready lift 3" lift w/ arms
20x9 or very close to it wheel and tire combo, and tire choice being Toyo AT 3.

really like you set up and how it fits the rig...nicely done.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure that’s stock suspension? Looks like at least a 2” lift.

Either way, looks sweet!!

Going to switch things up for the wife soon. She wants smaller wheels with bigger tires. If anyone wants these wheels let me know! 20x9 295/60/20 less than 2k on them!

Z71 standard suspension, removed all red and silver.

View attachment 394004

MD666

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what is your location ?
i am looking to pull the trigger very soon on the following...
Ready lift 3" lift w/ arms
20x9 or very close to it wheel and tire combo, and tire choice being Toyo AT 3.

really like you set up and how it fits the rig...nicely done.

We are in Montana. 3" for us too. They fit great. I did some trimming on the "cab" side to the brackets and drilled a hole to pull the fender lining back. Used stock hardware so it made it look OEM+.

SavageDad

Reaction score
Well here it is. 2” rough country up front only with 33s and Amp steps. Honestly kinda wish I’d have put a larger tire on it and or went with a 3.5” kit. We will see how long this last. We came from a 21 Duramax Denali on 37s. So this thing feels small. View attachment 389532

What lift did you need to run 37s on a Yukon? We bought our Z71 last May and we keep talking about what we want to do with it, at this point honestly my priorities are suspension and tires after some unpleasant experiences with our Southern California desert mud these last few months. The stock Goodyear Trailrunners don't clean out for squat and the stock (non air) suspension dang near knocks your teeth out if you hit the open desert at anything over a crawl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons