Keeping coolant and transmission temps under control when towing in the summer heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the baffles, I made mine from scratch from black coroplast sheet, and used zip ties to hold them in place.

Where did you find this space aged material??? I looked on amazon, but there were so many
f'n choices !!!! 4 mil thick, etc ????
I'm going to update my baffles since you had good luck with it.. Mine are still there but not in the best of shape. so i figure I'll try this

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the baffles, I made mine from scratch from black coroplast sheet, and used zip ties to hold them in place.

Where did you find this space aged material??? I looked on amazon, but there were so many
f'n choices !!!! 4 mil thick, etc ????
I'm going to update my baffles since you had good luck with it.. Mine are still there but not in the best of shape. so i figure I'll try this
It’s like gold. Hard to find.

Two sets because twins.
03A81D7C-7785-4607-A6C2-E51A674DDA9F.jpeg32A020E1-2B54-4A7A-8110-0F3E3A414CA8.jpeg21465686-A09F-4E8E-B7A0-F36CA7B8BA89.jpegC3211C91-FF36-4E1F-B0CC-1BAD0805B823.jpeg456EA18A-FA58-4916-BD68-DFEDEEFC45EC.jpeg

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I thought I blew her up yesterday driving up to Genesee park to return the trailer. On the steepest part we got a flashing check engine light and started losing power quickly. I was able to make it to the side of the road and checked codes. Found cylinder 4 misfire and cleared it. I started it back up and it instantly gave me issues. I shut it down and checked codes again and same thing. I cleared them again and started it up and heard a ticking noise. I thought oh crap….. so I looked around and saw cylinder 4’s plug wire arcing to the header. ‍♂️ So I grabbed some zip ties and pulled it up and away from the header. Cleared the codes one last time and we continued on the road.

Attachments

• 0E3B39E1-E261-49F6-A150-BC9BBE9A787B.jpeg
    0E3B39E1-E261-49F6-A150-BC9BBE9A787B.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Geotrash

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I thought I blew her up yesterday driving up to Genesee park to return the trailer. On the steepest part we got a flashing check engine light and started losing power quickly. I was able to make it to the side of the road and checked codes. Found cylinder 4 misfire and cleared it. I started it back up and it instantly gave me issues. I shut it down and checked codes again and same thing. I cleared them again and started it up and heard a ticking noise. I thought oh crap….. so I looked around and saw cylinder 4’s plug wire arcing to the header. ‍♂️ So I grabbed some zip ties and pulled it up and away from the header. Cleared the codes one last time and we continued on the road.
The master of the roadside repair! Nice work!

Tallpaulboise2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon Denali that had high trans temps when pulling my new trailer. Installed the TruCool and no more trans overheating. Now the engine temps are rising to 225 as soon as I get going down the highway. I thought the higher wattage fans were to be used for in town cooling. Mine are fine in town and cool right down when I get my speed down or get off the highway. What kind of restriction do I need in the radiator hose or should I just purchase a OEM item? I purchased this vehicle a few months ago, didn’t find a trans replacement on the Car Fax but it does have a 2020 sticker on it.

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon Denali that had high trans temps when pulling my new trailer. Installed the TruCool and no more trans overheating. Now the engine temps are rising to 225 as soon as I get going down the highway. I thought the higher wattage fans were to be used for in town cooling. Mine are fine in town and cool right down when I get my speed down or get off the highway. What kind of restriction do I need in the radiator hose or should I just purchase a OEM item? I purchased this vehicle a few months ago, didn’t find a trans replacement on the Car Fax but it does have a 2020 sticker on it.
Ok so just so we have a better idea of what you have done.

Tru Cool trans cooler ☑️

Higher Wattage fans??? Need more info

tuned at all?

what do you mean radiator hose restriction??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2