Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath.

I emailed them and this was their response...

"Hi Ken,

Thank you for letting us know about the restrictor.

I will forward the information to our product development team.

Thank you

Cold Case Radiators
2705 Clemens Rd B103
Hatfield, PA 19440
"

No mention of the brackets being to wide at all.

Yeah they aren’t going to do anything. The only thing they might even remotely do is include a note in the instructions addressing the restrictor issue. Once a product is released to production it takes an act of god to change it.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Received the new Moog lower control arms for the rear today.

Moog only shows RK series parts for the rear end of our trucks. No CK series is available.

For those of you that may not know, Moog has the RK series, which is their Budget line and the CK series, which is their Premium line.

The funny thing is when I opened the boxes, to check out the parts, I noticed there was a black sticker on top of one of them. When I peeled that sticker off it has CK641916 stamped onto it.

Looking at both parts side by side I can see no noticeable difference.

rps20210126_181848_464.jpg

I'm not sure if one of them was an older part that got relabeled or what. I can only assume that they used to have CK series parts for the rear of our trucks and for some reason decided to no longer market them as such.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Still waiting on the Moog upper control arms for the rear to be delivered, probably tomorrow.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Moog only shows RK series parts for the rear end of our trucks. No CK series is available.

For those of you that may not know, Moog has the RK series, which is their Budget line and the CK series, which is their Premium line.

The funny thing is when I opened the boxes, to check out the parts, I noticed there was a black sticker on top of one of them. When I peeled that sticker off it has CK641916 stamped onto it.

View attachment 268945

I'm not sure if one of them was an older part that got relabeled or what. I can only assume that they used to have CK series parts for the rear of our trucks and for some reason decided to no longer market them as such.

Still waiting on the Moog upper control arms for the rear to be delivered, probably tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 268945

Well, I'llbedamned. I never really looked into it, but I thought the only replacement rear LCAs were from Dorman. It'd be cool to have the CK series arms to match my front arms. Not that it matters much since I'll be choppin 'em up.

Any tentative date for gettin them bags installed?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, I'llbedamned. I never really looked into it, but I thought the only replacement rear LCAs were from Dorman. It'd be cool to have the CK series arms to match my front arms. Not that it matters much since I'll be choppin 'em up.

Any tentative date for gettin them bags installed?

Well, like I said, one was marked with the CK part number hidden under a black sticker. The other has no markings at all but they look identical to me.

Hopefully this weekend.

My buddy is off and my son doesn't have anything going on, so I will be supervising as usual.

Last weekend my son had an NJROTC competition so that shot the install out of the water... lol

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't "T" the air lines together. Make them independent of each other. When you turn, you don't want all the air to move from one bag to the other... hella sway
Truth. Independent systems on each side is much more stable. Like one long ballon or two balloons. Step on one end of a long ballon and the air all rushes to the other end with little or no resistance. Step on one of two individual balloons and it will resist more load.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts