Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 1" spacers to make them 5" :naughty:

After all the researching I've done on the TJ coils, I'm not so sure I can allow this. lol

I even have a spare set of the TJ coils in case an experiment goes sideways. What are the coils and what was the actual drop (within 1/4" will suffice :rolleyes:) you gt from them after settling? Also, didn't you have a complaint that they were too soft and squatted too much under load? I plan to cut 1 active coil off my TJ coils which would put the rate pretty much on-par with the stock coils as well as lower it. How much lower, I'm not sure, but I have some BT 1" spacers I could shave as needed to fine-tune it.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
After all the researching I've done on the TJ coils, I'm not so sure I can allow this. lol

I even have a spare set of the TJ coils in case an experiment goes sideways. What are the coils and what was the actual drop (within 1/4" will suffice :rolleyes:) you gt from them after settling? Also, didn't you have a complaint that they were too soft and squatted too much under load? I plan to cut 1 active coil off my TJ coils which would put the rate pretty much on-par with the stock coils as well as lower it. How much lower, I'm not sure, but I have some BT 1" spacers I could shave as needed to fine-tune it.

They are Tony's 6" drop coils.

I don't think the springs were too soft I just think the shocks don't provide enough dampening.

They ride great under normal circumstances, it is only under repetitive dips that they bounce and that is because of the shock valving.

As for drop, I don't know exactly. They are supposed to be 6" drop for a Tahoe and on the long body they are probably more. I set my auto ride sensors to lift the rear about 3/4"- 1".

If you don't want them that is cool. I just figured I would offer. I'm sure somebody will want them.

I am gonna hold onto them for a bit until I get the other stuff installed and make sure I am happy with them.

Who knows, I may have bags and Ranchos for sale instead... lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are Tony's 6" drop coils.

I don't think the springs were too soft I just think the shocks don't provide enough dampening.

They ride great under normal circumstances, it is only under repetitive dips that they bounce and that is because of the shock valving.

As for drop, I don't know exactly. They are supposed to be 6" drop for a Tahoe and on the long body they are probably more. I set my auto ride sensors to lift the rear about 3/4"- 1".

If you don't want them that is cool. I just figured I would offer. I'm sure somebody will want them.

I am gonna hold onto them for a bit until I get the other stuff installed and make sure I am happy with them.

Who knows, I may have bags and Ranchos for sale instead... lol

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the offer! I just don't know how they ride and handle for my driving. No matter what everyone else says, the only way to know is to try them for yourself. I've finally settled on something I like and know works, and revisiting for further experimenting gives me anxiety. I recently sold the other sets I had to play around with.

I agree- I may have springs and shocks for sale if I decide to pseudo-bag mine as well.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autoplicity was the cheapest place I found it...

https://autoplicity.com/14023621-cold-case-radiators-gmt569a

This is the version with the engine oil cooler in the driver side tank.

It was $302.71 shipped when I bought mine a few weeks ago... now it shows $334.

Summit and Jegs both carry it as well as the manufacturer, Cold Case Radiators.

Well since mine is a PPV, I have the oil cooler option. Sounds like it will be a direct fit for me.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Well since mine is a PPV, I have the oil cooler option. Sounds like it will be a direct fit for me.

Minus a little massaging on the upper mount brackets and having to add a restrictor to the surge tank port.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Maybe I should wait to see if they correct those issues

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I emailed them and this was their response...

"Hi Ken,

Thank you for letting us know about the restrictor.

I will forward the information to our product development team.

Thank you

Cold Case Radiators
2705 Clemens Rd B103
Hatfield, PA 19440
"

No mention of the brackets being to wide at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan