Just a quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I took my car in the shop because my 01 tahoe wobbles when I take sharp turns come to find out I need new eccentrics and pins does anyone know how much this would cost or the price range?

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I always just called it the alignment came. Shouldn't be too expensive as long as the control arm bolts aren't seized.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why did they say the vehicle needs the eccentrics and pins? Are they saying an alignment will fix the problem? What are they saying is causing the wobble? By replacing the eccentrics and pins and alignment, are they saying the wobble will be gone? More details would be great. Like they are saying the alignment is way off and causing the wobble????

OP
OP
SmileB44Death

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did they say the vehicle needs the eccentrics and pins? Are they saying an alignment will fix the problem? What are they saying is causing the wobble? By replacing the eccentrics and pins and alignment, are they saying the wobble will be gone? More details would be great. Like they are saying the alignment is way off and causing the wobble????
They said the last person who did the alignment was did it wrong and that must’ve been the previous owner but they said in order to fix it it’s going to take some weirldibg and replacement of the eccentrics and pins

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
weirldibg

What in the name of The Wide Wide World of Sports does, "weirlding" mean? I think you meant welding? If so, what do they have to weld? If the alignment is what is causing the wobbling and it was done by the previous owner, then the wobbling should have been going on when you bought it and you test drove it. Sorry, but I don't buy this. It may well need the eccentrics and pins and the work involved to do it and the alignment but I doubt if that alone is the cause of the wobble. I have heard of a Caster shimmy when that setting is way out of spec and I have heard of steering and suspension parts being worn out and need replaced and causing a wobble and then replacing as needed and THEN alignment but without seeing what the alignment settings are at right now, I can't buy it. I think there is a part of the story missing that either you haven't said, not on purpose though, or they have not told you.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Or a wobble feeling thru the steering shaft or heck, almost anything, but without a detailed response about what the tech said that looked at it, who knows. If what was posted was all the tech said, well then, I am looking elsewhere.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "pins" are actually a bolt with a flat side. They typically seize inside the metal collar of the control arm bushings and because of this it all has to be cut out with a torch. My 05 Denali got this treatment earlier this spring. They were all completely seized (2 per upper control arms). You are looking at almost $150 in parts alone and that could go higher if they dont get a good deal on parts or mark the hell up on them for you. I got my parts from rockauto. You are probably going to need control arm bushings too. Not one of mine was salvaged. I wouldnt anyway. They are cheap enough and probably need replaced anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA