Jack and tools with sub what years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Did the Tahoe/Yukon with sub in the back have the Jack under the sub box? Where the spare tools there as well or under the seats? I know in my 05 both are in the rear compartment, but it looks like i'd have to cut off the threaded rod that the tools' clamp screws to to mount the 02 factory sub box in.

I know early models had the sub box in the rear. I bought one out of a 2002 from the junkyard and am.goimg to put in in.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the same sub box in my 04. The jack will still fit, barely, using the same hold down. I drilled a hole in my box for the threaded rod to poke through in case I ever wanted to take the box back out, and the tools now sit under my second row. Hope this kinda helps.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I put the same sub box in my 04. The jack will still fit, barely, using the same hold down. I drilled a hole in my box for the threaded rod to poke through in case I ever wanted to take the box back out, and the tools now sit under my second row. Hope this kinda helps.
Did you seal the hole you drilled somehow? And how'd you attach the box? The square holes had kindof like T-nuts but they fell apart and I haven't found anything. Maybe speed nuts?

Last edited:

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't seal the hole, it was only about 1/2 inch and carefully measured to be in the right spot when the box is mounted. Would have to remove the speaker from box, seal with something while mounted, and then replace the sub and i didn't see the need. The nuts that go in the square holes were available from gm, they just pop in and the bolts are also available from gm. Having a heck of a time finding them online for you though. Dealer ordered them for me.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if I remember right, both the mounting ears for the square hole nuts/bolts were at the top of the box and the bottom of the box had like a lip or something. The stud that I didn't remove kinda holds pressure on the bottom of the box so it doesn't move. I'm not sure how the bottom was attached from the factory on those.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I didn't seal the hole, it was only about 1/2 inch and carefully measured to be in the right spot when the box is mounted. Would have to remove the speaker from box, seal with something while mounted, and then replace the sub and i didn't see the need. The nuts that go in the square holes were available from gm, they just pop in and the bolts are also available from gm. Having a heck of a time finding them online for you though. Dealer ordered them for me.
cool thanks. i got some speed nuts, amybe that'll work. otherwise i'll just get the dealer to order them for me. appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy