It still looks pretty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Denali with about 138K. Wife's ride, finally got a wash after the fair, dust, and bug killing. I really think this is one if the best body styles. Gotta get another 100K out of it- with the wife's driving that may only be 3 to 4 years.......I may have to shoot for 300K based on the prices of new stuff. :)20230907_192149.jpg

OP
OP
B

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then there's my beater 2008 garage queen, since I have a company truck. CA truck, so rust free. I just couldn't stand not hearing the 6.2L rumble, and I missed the seats in this body style, so I bought it for *****......and overlanding. Its currently in its subdued apparel. Its held up well so far. If my 2017 had the same rumble and throaty sound with factory exhaust I may be satisfied.

I have found that locking the stupid back pressure flapper valve open on the 2017 open has made a difference. It ACTUALLY sounds like a real V8 now........I don't think my wife even knows the difference. LOL20230907_193738.jpg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re not kidding on the mileage goals for your 2017; Especially given some of the threads posted by some 2021+ owners bad experiences for various reasons. The fućk if I’m going to fork over $90K+ to go through GM’s learning curve.

Also agree with the K2XX being the best body style. I enjoy the additional interior space of the 2021+, and the more functional 3rd row. But I’m not a fan of the softer body lines and angles and in every view they look too top heavy.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but interior wise, seats in 900’s beat the seats out of obs, nbs and k2’s… I love driving my 900 compared to the k2…

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my K2 and I agree it's the best looking full size Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon platform body style to date, and I find many people online agree with that statement.

Problem is, these trucks are starting to rot peculiarly quickly...particularly in the rust belt states. I live in upstate NY and my passenger rocker panel has holes in it already. Truck has 103,000 miles and has only been in NY state for 35,000 of those miles.

I've seen numerous K2's around here with rocker panels and rear quarter panels just gone. GONE. On 8...7....6...5 year-old trucks. I've seen frames getting soft on some of these trucks, too. There's nothing any of us in the snow/salt belt can do to stop it.

It's a shame, is what it is. Gorgeous, comfortable and mainly reliable trucks just rotting away in normal use and care. I won't buy a new one. Once this one gets so bad I can't keep concealing the rust, I'll go back to an older truck or just lease.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 Escalade lived outside in Queens New York for 14 years before I sold it. Every other year I would take it to a car wash that puts the truck on a lift and pressure washes it. Whenever my truck was put on a lift I would spray the heck out of it with wd-40. When I sold it last year in Texas it looked better than the trucks here in Houston. When I removed the hitch cover there was no rust. You just need to take care of it and it’s not hard and your k2 will last forever up north. My 2018 Escalade with 96k looks new underneath. There is no rust whatsoever. There is a spray that puts a small film to protect the truck from rust.

OP
OP
B

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my K2 and I agree it's the best looking full size Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon platform body style to date, and I find many people online agree with that statement.

Problem is, these trucks are starting to rot peculiarly quickly...particularly in the rust belt states. I live in upstate NY and my passenger rocker panel has holes in it already. Truck has 103,000 miles and has only been in NY state for 35,000 of those miles.

I've seen numerous K2's around here with rocker panels and rear quarter panels just gone. GONE. On 8...7....6...5 year-old trucks. I've seen frames getting soft on some of these trucks, too. There's nothing any of us in the snow/salt belt can do to stop it.

It's a shame, is what it is. Gorgeous, comfortable and mainly reliable trucks just rotting away in normal use and care. I won't buy a new one. Once this one gets so bad I can't keep concealing the rust, I'll go back to an older truck or just lease.
Wowza! That's disgusting and disappointing! I haven't seen that here in WI yet. I'm glad I rust proof mine each year with fluid film. I also agree with your last statement on the older vehicles. I plan to just keep cycling certain years (mainly 2007- 2020) as long as I can.......and as long as I can convince the wife that newer isn't necessarily better.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k2’s rock! I love my 2018 Escalade Lux. The 2021+ looks like a bus to me. I hate the way the back goes down.

View attachment 408086

This is my second k2. I leased a 2016 Tahoe LT in gun metal with black interior. I regretted everyday that I didn’t get the captains 2nd row and LTZ with the magnetic ride shocks. I drove my 2008 Escalade practically the whole time I leased my Tahoe. I would never buy a truck with magnetic ride or electronic suspension again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900