It could have been worse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a customer call and ask about polishing out his Black '07 Denali. He mentioned that he had scratched it after trying to clean it at a "do-it-yourself" carwash. The problem is that he used a brush that wasn't clean .........

Scratches were an understatement!

As I received it:

IMG_2333.jpg
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg

After I finished:

IMG_2343.jpg
IMG_2345.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2348.jpg
IMG_2355.jpg
IMG_2356.jpg
IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2359.jpg
IMG_2360.jpg

Just thought this would make for an interesting subject as a person can do what may be perceived as being irreversible damage and then have it turn out to not have been so bad afterall.

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
Looks great. I wish you were closer. When we bought my wife's 07 a few months ago it had scratches on it where a golden retriever jumped up on it and left some scratches. I haven't done anything with it yet, but it's next on my list now that the weather is improving.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work you've done there!!! That came out good as new :waytogo:

This should be noted for others who may actually use the mistake of using a BRUSH that is normally for tires and the under side of your car on their actual PAINT :whymewhyme: That guy should have paid you twice the going rate for how you turned his ride back around man. Nice job!

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I wish you were closer. When we bought my wife's 07 a few months ago it had scratches on it where a golden retriever jumped up on it and left some scratches. I haven't done anything with it yet, but it's next on my list now that the weather is improving.

Lately there have been a wealth of Tahoes coming for polishing etc. People just don't seem to take care of their cars anymore. I have plenty of work coming because of it though!
Thanks

Nice work you've done there!!! That came out good as new :waytogo:

This should be noted for others who may actually use the mistake of using a BRUSH that is normally for tires and the under side of your car on their actual PAINT :whymewhyme: That guy should have paid you twice the going rate for how you turned his ride back around man. Nice job!

Thanks man! The first words when he & his wife arrived were "Holy Sh*t!!"

I had to laugh and have him promise not to do something like that again! LOL.

You wouldn't believe some of the cars we get in here. I have another black Tahoe for tomorrow morning and a Phantom Black GTO for tomorrow afternoon ....... we'll see what they look like.

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car washing skillz FTW $$$

Nice sig pic photography btw!

Thanks.
Photography is another one of my passions ........... just recently lost all of my pictures taken over the past few years so I'm slowly building up the portfolio once again.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

wow...wanna drive to Oklahoma and do another Yukon :D

LOL .......... yeah, no. :)

I forget what it's like to work on coupes anymore. LOL

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have a pretty nice camera for taking pics at the quality we're seeing just in this thread and in your sig.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts