It could have been worse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car washing skillz FTW $$$

Nice sig pic photography btw!

If you have a high res pic of your sig then I sure wouldn't mind seeing what I could do in terms of editing it. Nothing fancy, just the basics. I enjoy the hell outta that stuff.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy F! Was the brush made out of sandpaper? Sheesh....

What did you use on the wheel well liners? Just soap/water/brush? Did you put any treatment on them afterwards? I can get mine cleaned all good and well, but they don't look as "black" as those ones after you were done with them. What's your trick?

Great job! How long did that take you?

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have a pretty nice camera for taking pics at the quality we're seeing just in this thread and in your sig.....

I really like it, but need to get a better wide angle lens. I currently use a Canon 7D ....... Canon is definitely FTW. :rocking:

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Holy F! Was the brush made out of sandpaper? Sheesh....

What did you use on the wheel well liners? Just soap/water/brush? Did you put any treatment on them afterwards? I can get mine cleaned all good and well, but they don't look as "black" as those ones after you were done with them. What's your trick?

Great job! How long did that take you?

Yeah, the owner said he didn't rinse the sand etc from the finish (skiing in Taos, NM) before he started washing. I think I threw up in my mouth a little when he showed up that morning. :)

I use a bunch of different products, however the wheel wells get the same wheel cleaner as the tires/wheels, agitated with a long handled brush and then rinsed. Towel dry them, apply Chemical Guys Bare Bones undercarriage spray and let them sit while I work on the rest of the vehicle. I wipe them down with a MF towel when I start the final wipe down of the exterior surfaces.

Works really well for engine bays too.

Total time spent on this truck (I steam cleaned the interior carpets too) was about 6 hours start to finish. I was working atop a parking garage. LOL

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you do mobile detailing then?

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you do mobile detailing then?

Yeah, for the past 20 years or so. Started out as a hobby and has just kinda gotten out of hand in the last couple of months.

Had a couple of shops in So. Cal before moving to ATX. Wanted to stay busy so here I am back in the game once more. Ugh.

I love it though. :)

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Thanks....that stuff is cheap, too! I'll have to try some out....

Anytime man. If you purchase directly from Chemical Guys then be sure to use the code "GOLD" at check out. Saves you 5% ...... every little bit counts. :imo:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have a pretty nice camera for taking pics at the quality we're seeing just in this thread and in your sig.....

+1

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Yeah, for the past 20 years or so. Started out as a hobby and has just kinda gotten out of hand in the last couple of months.

Had a couple of shops in So. Cal before moving to ATX. Wanted to stay busy so here I am back in the game once more. Ugh.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Anytime man. If you purchase directly from Chemical Guys then be sure to use the code "GOLD" at check out. Saves you 5% ...... every little bit counts. :imo:

Damn dude 20 years?! that's a track record huh... i was only 5 then... No wonder you made that guy's car look like new again!

I'm going to austin for one of my best friends bachelor party in may... maybe when I get there you can detail my car too? Pricing details? :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

If you have a high res pic of your sig then I sure wouldn't mind seeing what I could do in terms of editing it. Nothing fancy, just the basics. I enjoy the hell outta that stuff.

PM Sent :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's good! If you don't love what you do then it suddenly turns into a J-O-B :D

+1

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Damn dude 20 years?! that's a track record huh... i was only 5 then... No wonder you made that guy's car look like new again!

I'm going to austin for one of my best friends bachelor party in may... maybe when I get there you can detail my car too? Pricing details? :Handshake:

:word: Got any details on your pricing? If I'm in Austin I wanna look you up for some work, man! :)

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good! If you don't love what you do then it suddenly turns into a J-O-B :D

:word: Got any details on your pricing? If I'm in Austin I wanna look you up for some work, man! :)

J O B is one of the dirtiest 3 letter words out there. LOL!

Give me a heads up if you're serious ..... I'm usually booked 3 weeks out.
Shade Tree Auto Detailing

Gallery Pics

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

+1

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

PM Sent :Handshake:

Just returned home .......... taking a look now and will be in touch once I get started.

Thanks man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo