Is Mobil 1 trying to pull a fast one??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know I have talked about this before but the oil I use is the full synthetic Amazon Basics that is made at the same refineries that Mobil 1 is made at and in side by side tests, either equals or beats Mobil 1. I would always be willing to change but I have had not one problem with that oil since I started using it. Is there something about Rotella oil that is better than Mobil 1?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats @swathdiver's favorite, too. I think i will try one next time when I try the new Rotella. If I'm straying from M1 for the oil, I may as well sideline their filter, too, eh?
Honestly nate.... you know how lazy I am .... that nut just makes it so much easier. No stupid filter wrench...that slips half the time.... the last 2 years now I’ve been using them... even for my onda....lol

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Honestly nate.... you know how lazy I am .... that nut just makes it so much easier. No stupid filter wrench...that slips half the time.... the last 2 years now I’ve been using them... even for my onda....lol

What's the matter, too many moving parts on the oil filter wrench. :D

I just use a cup and a ratchet. I don't like when the oil filter wrench slips either. That is why I have the cups.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

What's the matter, too many moving parts on the oil filter wrench. :D

I just use a cup and a ratchet. I don't like when the oil filter wrench slips either. That is why I have the cups.

I just use my steel claw grip. Lol. I can honestly say that on my 2 current trucks, I have never touched a tool to either remove or install an oil filter. Electrician hands? Pianist hands? I dunno. I just grab that puppy and twist it!

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use my steel claw grip. Lol. I can honestly say that on my 2 current trucks, I have never touched a tool to either remove or install an oil filter. Electrician hands? Pianist hands? I dunno. I just grab that puppy and twist it!
BBBB.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have talked about this before but the oil I use is the full synthetic Amazon Basics that is made at the same refineries that Mobil 1 is made at and in side by side tests, either equals or beats Mobil 1. I would always be willing to change but I have had not one problem with that oil since I started using it. Is there something about Rotella oil that is better than Mobil 1?

I don't have the specifics, but, in short, Mobil1 isn't what it used to be. Still a good oil, but not what it used to be and not quite as good as the other offerings in the same price range. I use Rotella for diesel engines in mine since all the recent engine work and losing the cats. Before, I used Pennzoil Platinum. The spells of lifter ticking at startup were shorter and not as loud with the Pennzoil than it was with Mobil1. I also use and would recommend a K&N filter. I used to use (and would still recommend) WIX or the gold and black Fram Ultra filters.

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hands are usually greasy by the time I get to the filter....right around the time I gotta run in and take a crap.....

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the ac delco 61e for the daughters Silverado and going to give it a run and see how it does vs the shorter delco. I havent dealt with anything on the 5.3s other than delcos.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali