Is Mobil 1 trying to pull a fast one??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Derek! I guess I could have googled it before posting on here. That seems to explain it. Not sure why they would bother with the 206 anymore though, since this is only a 0.25" longer than the 107. I may have to consider changing to another brand that is the original length of the M1-206
I think the K&N and Mobil 1 were previously made by the same manufacturer.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Derek! I guess I could have googled it before posting on here. That seems to explain it. Not sure why they would bother with the 206 anymore though, since this is only a 0.25" longer than the 107. I may have to consider changing to another brand that is the original length of the M1-206
I'm personally a fan of the Bosch/Purolator filters.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some really good information here. It’s a stark contrast from the sacrosanct view of Mobil1 in my Porsche experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read a couple of articles where they tore apart all the major filters and critiqued them, and I'm sure there are measurable differences. However, personally I think that as long as you use any of the brands mentioned here and change oil and filter a bit more often than the recommended interval, you'll be fine. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic and mostly their filters since my Tahoe was new, and the closest I've come to having to open up the engine was to replace the oil pickup tube o-ring. I'm within 600 miles of the 200k mark now and it still runs well.