Intro - First Offical Post (Recent replaced 98 Yukon with a 17)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the new tow hooks and the center trim for accommodating them. Had a friend power coat them as close as possible to Victory Red and installed them over the weekend.

It was about 55 degrees so don't know if temp was a factor but it was a real bugger trying to remove the old trim piece and in the process I snapped off an important retainer piece on both fog light bezels so they will have to be replaced. I'll purchase new ones and look into wrapping or plasti-dipping them as close as possible to matte textured black as possible.

Hated having to remount the front license plate bracket but Illinois is not friendly about missing front plates.

Before:

Towhooks1.jpg

After:

Towhooks2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 17 Yukon has 116K on the clock and the Mrs 13 Tahoe LTZ just turned over 100K. Thinking I should change the trans fluid and filter in both. Luckily they both have the same 6L80 trans so I can get two filters.

Is there a reason why a lot of the kits do not include a pan gasket?

Is there a recommended brand filter and oil or just stay with Delco on both?

Full Synthetic or Blended Dexron VI?

Anything else I should know to prep?

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surfing around tonight I saw a few posts about an updated Thermal Control Valve. Is this something I should look at changing out at the same time?

What are some obvious reasons to swap this out?

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 mos into driving my 2017 Yukon. Love the vehicle but I'm very disappointed in the radio reception. Local stations that were strong in every vehicle I've owned barley come in at times.

I see some engineer that's smarter than me moved the antenna to the back side glass...why?

Anyone know a cure for this or do I need to source a factory external antenna?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011