Intro - First Offical Post (Recent replaced 98 Yukon with a 17)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Been a lurker for a few years but not new to Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans.

First SUV before they were called that was a 1979 GMC Jimmy 4x4 that I got right after returning from USAF Basic Training and Tech School.

Pic taken in early 80s after a lift and 40s

79 Jimmy.jpg

1998 Yukon - My Daily Driver from 1999 until this week (pic taken in about 2009)

98 Yukon.jpg

Mrs 2003 Z71 Suburban purchased after returning from Iraqi Freedom (I was driving Tahoes and Suburbans in Kuwait and fell in love with them)

03 Z71_Suburban.jpg

1985 CUCV (Here is a toy I won on a sealed bid auction from my local Police Dept). Sold it a couple years ago but I was in the process of building a Milverado

Mrs 2013 Tahoe LTZ purchased right before deploying to Germany 2019 (Burban was rusting out and tranny beginning to slip)

2013 Tahoe LTZ.jpg

2017 Yukon SLE (My purchase this week replacing the 1998 Yukon) This was special ordered to get the red paint. The guy I bought it from just special ordered a 22 Tahoe is Red...did not know you can do this but they are only produced during the Govt vehicle (Fire, Police productions runs and you get what you get for options)

2017 Yukon.jpg

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! - Its been a pleasure serving - I retired Sep 24th with 42 years in the USAF.

I have to agree on the Blackout - need to see some ideas to accomplish this. Also would like to figure out a relocation for the front sonar so I can add Tow Hooks.

Wondering if the Escalade bracket could be retrofitted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opinions on Blacked Out (Window Trim, Running Board Trim, Fog Lamp Bezel) and Red Grill and Body Side Trim? Thinking about ordering a black Denali Style grill off ebay and having it painted Victory Red. Also looking at Escalade Mirrors. I already bought the tow hooks (being powder coated Red), and the bumper facia.

Attachments

• 2017 Yukon Red grill.jpg
    2017 Yukon Red grill.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972