Interior LED How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
And dylan if you mount that monitor where your radio is where are you putting the radio,i have been sceaming on this idea for awhile myself just not sure how i want to set it up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I'm going to try to put it on top of the dash in the far left corner. I haven't tested to see if it would fit though.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I just ordered 3mm led red ones so i can solder them in

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i get my leds in ill post how i did the led door switchs.

for the map lights i got some bright ones off ebay and had to pop the lense off shaved some of it down and stick em in then superglue the lese back. there are weird spots from the glue now on the backside of lense but oh well

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I just let my lenses off my map lights looks good also

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im talking about the round ones in the roof console and the rear dome light. i have my front dome light cover off too because i hate the white cover it has and i need to find some brighter ones for there

95yukonslt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when i get my leds in ill post how i did the led door switchs.

for the map lights i got some bright ones off ebay and had to pop the lense off shaved some of it down and stick em in then superglue the lese back. there are weird spots from the glue now on the backside of lense but oh well

where are you buying the leds for the door switches? I would like to know the 'model' nummber. Thanks, nice hoe btw

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I ordered some from superbrightleds.com but they do no light the switches up so i mite just say the hell with it and solder some in,the problem is the light shines straight not 360°,i soldered one in for the window switches that works good but the window lock and door lock dont light up at all so i got to figure something out

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Oh and as far as the 4x4 switch just order some #74 red led off ebay and take them out of the housing and solder them in they already have the resistor on them

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had em from sbl. they were the neo 3 and 4s. forget which but the drivers one for the windows i believe needs to be the high power one. the standard one is too long. ive since done one 5mm led under each switch on the passenger side switches to practice with cheap leds from radio shack. when my blue come in all finish the rest of them. i did have blue in the passenger switch and it was blue, just not as bright as even of light as id like. maybe the high power ones in all of them wuld work better. i have the led in headlight switch too and its dim. going to led retro 4 or 5 in that as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter