Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like the Allman Brothers reference and I would also see if they will let you, like @TollKeeper said, drive it for a month or two and see how the transmission does and then have them do it but if they say no, have them do it now. Sounds like the shop and tech care about doing what is right and customer service.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would have the shop do it.. But I would drive it for a month first. If any problems pop with the tranny, at least then its 2 bird 1 stone. If nothing pops, than he just does the seal.
He called me this morning saying he'd like to take care of it Monday. He's apologetic and has the seal and plate on his desk. He also told me in his experience a bad transmission shows itself right away. They're either good or bad on startup. Plus there's the 2 yr unlimited mile warranty. He just wants to fix the screw up asap and is even giving us his own personal car as a loaner. Think I'll pull the Traction Control fuse and do some burnouts. Just kidding!

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He sounds honest, but I’d stick some paint or something on a few bolts just in case. People around here will definitely just take your part and call you tomorrow saying it’s done without doing a damn thing.
Well I think if he was that way he would have said "oh yeah we put that in" when I first questioned why it wasn't on the RO. Gotta trust someone sometime. Besides, all I apparently have to do is look for greasy handprints. LOL!

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
maybe, but why not take 2 minutes and verify. Trust but verify lol! At least you’d know for sure it was done or you need a different guy

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah just put some paint on a few bolt different heads that he would have to take off. The socket or wrench would damage the paint, so if the paint is exactly as you left it, he didn’t do the job.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
sorry that this has to be done, but there are “mechanics” out there that won’t change the oil filter, lie and say the replaced gaskets, all kinds of stuff. Piece of mind, and like I said, can weed out a liar pretty quick, even if he’s a good liar and a nice guy

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sensing sarcasm...
No, I've gotten similar service, even today! These millennials are like creatures from another planet. They don't think like Americans, don't act it, can't form complete sentences, etc. Generally speaking of course! I recently wanted some work done to my truck that had to be taken in, wrote down the instructions and even had my wife and kids read it over and they said it was good. Do you think they followed them to the letter? Nope! They were not even aware that they got it wrong.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I've gotten similar service, even today! These millennials are like creatures from another planet. They don't think like Americans, don't act it, can't form complete sentences, etc. Generally speaking of course! I recently wanted some work done to my truck that had to be taken in, wrote down the instructions and even had my wife and kids read it over and they said it was good. Do you think they followed them to the letter? Nope! They were not even aware that they got it wrong.
Yeah I formed a complete distrust for everyone quite a while ago. I'm OCD too so that's my Hell I live in. I try to trust simeone and this happens. Just proves my distrust even more. But I've never had anyone admit it and want to make it better like this guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts