Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would let them putt it in. Also be sure to thank them for being honest about it. For that they sound like a good shop for future issues and more business by word of mouth from this scenario will surely help them out. In my experience I would pay a premium for a job just because a shop is honest and doesn't try to take advantage.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would let them putt it in. Also be sure to thank them for being honest about it. For that they sound like a good shop for future issues and more business by word of mouth from this scenario will surely help them out. In my experience I would pay a premium for a job just because a shop is honest and doesn't try to take advantage.
The guy has good reviews and that's one reason I chose him. He goes out of his way to make things right. We found greasy hand prints all over the vehicle. I'm almost forgiving him on that since one of his guys almost lost a finger and another had to bounce around and cover him. But still, disposable gloves and booties are cheap. So are basic cleanliness practices. Just disappointed right now. And asking "Why me?"

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just disappointed right now. And asking "Why me?"
I can get you on that, but here is a reference for you.

My brothers 2011 Cruze had a bad "pcv valve" basically it is a rubber diaphragm built into the intake. So the entire intake manifold has to be replaced.
Anyway, it is even a tsb because it is a known issue, he got a letter in the mail about the symptoms and what to do about a year before it went bad. So he took it to the local dealership... under the extended warranty it was covered. He gets it back after two days, and it is still having issues.... because they changed his thermostat and upper radiator hose. So after a couple of days of him going round and round i go up there with him (he isnt very aggressive even when he is being wronged) and without being a total ass and politely as one can be when a family member is being mistreated i got the franchise owner to talk to me. He asked a few questions about how i know what the problem was, i presented him with the letter my brother had saved (thankfully) showed him a picture of what the part should look like and then he came out and looked at the car because you can see the broken/missing part.
Long story short they ended up fixing it correctly, but it was a job to get them to do what they were paid to do.

So if he is admitting to messing up and willing to fix it he is good in my book

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy has good reviews and that's one reason I chose him. He goes out of his way to make things right. We found greasy hand prints all over the vehicle. I'm almost forgiving him on that since one of his guys almost lost a finger and another had to bounce around and cover him. But still, disposable gloves and booties are cheap. So are basic cleanliness practices. Just disappointed right now. And asking "Why me?"
Honestly? Sometimes it so you meet and get to know good people. It sounds like this guy is one. I know, from personal experience -- I had to have a transfer case replaced twice and resealed 4 times (2 of them were temporary seals until the second transfer case could be received) and the shop took care of everything without batting an eye.

The pain of the moment can really suck, but it is so awesome to find an honest mechanic.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good help is hard to find these days!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would have the shop do it.. But I would drive it for a month first. If any problems pop with the tranny, at least then its 2 bird 1 stone. If nothing pops, than he just does the seal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo