I want to install a rear camera monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to try this one. Ordered the Cubbycam gauge pod as well. Just need to pick a location to order a camera.

0f11469cca9844e0342fb1aecb900f07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like its going to fit better than mine. I would use the Cubbycam mountbelow the bumper to mount the camera. I mounted mine in between the tailgate and bumper, but if i were to do it again that mount seems to be the cleanest.

Attachments

• Camera.jpg
    Camera.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 24

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about that spot. Not paying cubbycams price though. I can bend a $3 piece of metal and drill some holes. Found a thread that said they use a boyo camera that can be had for much cheaper.

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a license plate frame for $35 from amazon with a camera and Infrared LED's built in. My stereo has back-up camera input so if you're planning that sometime in the future just wait on the camera and do it all at once.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted something bigger since I use it for my travel trailer. Here's how I mounted mine:
539C30C4-FFF5-486E-B3B0-15D0F8F24794_zpsvdhgudya.jpg
I wanted to turn it on while driving, so I added a switch:
8E691D22-7FA0-4D30-A96F-F53D0C595394_zpsaikxqaoq.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's the cleanest way to go about it in my opinion. If you get a decent camera with infrared LED's and whatnot you could even wire it up with a second power source on a switch. That way you can use it as a rear view mirror while driving when your vision through the mirror itself is obstructed. I'm planning on doing that soon to mine just because I think it would be cool to see in the dark without the truck running or in reverse. That and my windows are dark dark tinted.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed unless your planning on going double din route put a little monitor in the cubby hole. Have look at what mine looks like, i used a different screen and camera cause that seller in the thread was non existent when i wanted mine but i think it worked out well.

Heres an idea for a monitor in the cassette player location, post #4 - http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595

I like this a lot. Ill have to figure out the max size screen I can fit there...

Looks like Cubbycam makes a ready fit model only $660 dollars.... sheesh.

CCIntMount.jpg

Thats a 3.5" screen btw

I'm good with an ebay special and modifying their $40 gauge pod mount.

Last edited:

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the monitor and gauge pod in the garage. Still haven't done anything with it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaninOK