I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I had an 08 Escalade, mostly loved it until above 100k when lots of stuff crapped out on me. Rear hatch became intermittent, passenger seat power quit, heated steering wheel quit, broke 3 door handles in the winter, driver headlight blew ($$$$), hatch defroster quit, one side mirror stopped folding in. But loved it while I had it. Good luck with yours. (I do like my 16 Tahoe LTZ better).

Oh boy, I sure hope I have better luck. If all that starts happening I’ll pull the engine to put in one of my projects, push this thing in the canal and “do the jingle”.
“Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there”!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Parts are starting to trickle in. I cleaned up a spare set of rocker covers and bombed them with some high heat aluminum engine paint. New ICT coil brackets, new AC Delco tensioners and blasted my spare accessory brackets and slapped on some POR15 high heat aluminum paint. Power steering pulley blasted and I’ll use some POR15 high heat in black on that. All mounting bolts are blasted but still need some black engine paint sprayed on them.

4ff2db9a783797ea7e6637cc814eb348.jpg

60901295cfcc2c77a337852181dd26dd.jpg

a436e2bf5189e33b4a099579eb8bdbbb.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Parts are starting to trickle in. I cleaned up a spare set of rocker covers and bombed them with some high heat aluminum engine paint. New ICT coil brackets, new AC Delco tensioners and blasted my spare accessory brackets and slapped on some POR15 high heat aluminum paint. Power steering pulley blasted and I’ll use some POR15 high heat in black on that. All mounting bolts are blasted but still need some black engine paint sprayed on them.

4ff2db9a783797ea7e6637cc814eb348.jpg

60901295cfcc2c77a337852181dd26dd.jpg

a436e2bf5189e33b4a099579eb8bdbbb.jpg

It's the little things.

rook

Reaction score
...Also it will be tuned with HP Tuners to correct all the torque management crap in the trans and clean up all the stuff the GM doesn’t.

What does it feel like after torque management is turned off? And, what else would you turn off? I’m thinking all the DOD stuff for sure, what else?

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
What does it feel like after torque management is turned off? And, what else would you turn off? I’m thinking all the DOD stuff for sure, what else?

The truck will have a better power curve after cleaning up the tuning. There is a tab in the tuning software that’s labeled torque management, one under the trans and also under the engine. If you max out the values in 1,2,3 and 4th gear and also disable it in other menus it will give you all the timing back that’s usually retarded during shifts. It will pull much harder thru the gears. That being said, I have to also say, it’s not recommended to only do that. There’s a lot more that needs to cleaned up. I do that so I can set my fueling. These things run on the rich side and I disable all the torque management crap and power enrichment while I dial in my fueling. I also disable the mass air flow sensor and do my tweaking while only running on speed density. I try to get in the mid 12’s on the air fuel ratio and try to get it dialed in so my long term fuel trims are staying under +/-2. It takes some time getting everything right and then I work on the timing. I will go back and enable torque management after it’s dialed in pretty well. Then I’ll see how the TM effects my air fuel ratios and timing and then adjust them accordingly. It’s a lot of logging, adjusting, uploading and then repeat. But once it’s cleaned up there is no lag when you push into it. The engine is more efficient, better fuel mileage and you wouldn’t believe how much snappier it feels. I’ll shoot for low 12’s on WOT pulls. I don’t like to go too much leaner than that without having an actual AFR gauge and also because it’s my wife’s daily. If it were me driving it daily, I’d push it a little more. Tuning is the best tool out there. Hands down.

I don’t have AFM or DOD as you called it on this. Thank god. I’d definitely not only disable that crap but I’d swap the cam, lifters and cover with solenoids so that shit was off my engine. I’ve replaced many collapsed lifters from that system.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Couple more little things I threw at this rig.

I bought a new hitch cover. Didn’t get one with the truck. Gotta get it painted before I install but I did test fit.

d7ff8e55bda88ef06cf7e78885e59e74.jpg

b71fec9eaadf8c70f016cb923c91b017.jpg

Then I bought some floor mats. I have weathertech in my truck but I really liked my Lund- Nifty Catchall mats I had in my Denali. I bought a set for this because I think the carpeted floor mats just look better than some molded plastic looking ones. These still have a raised edge to catch all the snow/water and such. But to my surprise, they don’t have full coverage like they used to. Maybe that’s why they came down some on price.

3ff3f91ff6c108cb400b14d97982c834.jpg

a007f06042f735fa4bb519929a18c1c4.jpg

1a833e77d02de76000712a5424c8eca0.jpg

Still have to figure out why the 3rd row is really narrow and doesn’t sit correctly. Maybe I got the wrong set for the back, if that’s the case I’ll get the correct ones and return these. No pics because it’s just thrown in the back for now.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
More parts came today as I’m getting ready to head to bed.

Both HD belts, thermostat and braided steam crossover line with fittings. I don’t like the stock vent line, they rust and clog up then break. I’ll run -3an fitting and braided line from passenger head back to radiator and not use the barbed fitting.

1e68fbe4dedae6d0339ecd704c3cbd1e.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz