I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
careful with the little black plastic cap that covers the bolt hole they tend to break the tabs easily, if it breaks this guys sells replacements that seem to be less brittle
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2007-201...ack-/351931309431?vxp=mtr&hash=item51f0bd9d77

After I read your post, I took a break from trying to remove my power rodder that somehow made a complete U-turn in the drain and is stuck pretty good.
The nut was just loose. I wiped down the threads and put some blue loctite on and tightened it down. Works great now. And thankfully plastic cap didn’t break.

0d2a9e45d29fe1a9173287403df662af.jpg

Figured about time something went right today so I went ahead and did the other side too.

307fd137c546eca0b285cebe3f078024.jpg

Appreciate the info and the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt. Good to see you back. Looks good! I'm ready for a build!!

I was trying to get caught up on your build earlier today before I started cleaning drains. Damn, I missed a lot. I’ll be caught up soon.
I’m gonna start a build on this as soon as I start gathering parts. She won’t let me put a turbo on it but she didn’t say anything about a cam, exhaust, CAI or tune so that’s what’s gonna happen.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was trying to get caught up on your build earlier today before I started cleaning drains. Damn, I missed a lot. I’ll be caught up soon.
I’m gonna start a build on this as soon as I start gathering parts. She won’t let me put a turbo on it but she didn’t say anything about a cam, exhaust, CAI or tune so that’s what’s gonna happen.

Speaking of a turbo--someone posted a twin turbo intercooled kit from Amazon for around $2000-$2200. Just putting that out there buddy:D.00a0a_jRs1pceyWGj_1200x900.jpg 00R0R_5VgXn17Hx2D_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
After I read your post, I took a break from trying to remove my power rodder that somehow made a complete U-turn in the drain and is stuck pretty good.
The nut was just loose. I wiped down the threads and put some blue loctite on and tightened it down. Works great now. And thankfully plastic cap didn’t break.

Figured about time something went right today so I went ahead and did the other side too.

I'm curious what year they switched from a stud to a bolt for the armrests?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

looks like you caught it early, on mine the end of the slotted groove on the armrest is worn so instead of stopping it slides past the where it is supposed to stop unless it is bolted on tighter, the stud tread ends and wont go any tighter unless I put a sleeve inside where the nut goes so it gives me extra thread to tighten, couldn't really find a washer that would fit in the hole so a sleeve worked just right

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED interior bulbs are ordered and it’s going in next week for tint and Line-X undercoating.

While you are at it, stick some LED reverse bulbs in like these: http://a.co/d/8hcFYXR A nice, bright LED in the reverse lights makes it so much easier to see behind you when you are backing up.
And why not upgrade the front turn signal to LEDs as well. I don't understand why GM didn't put LED in there. Just looks cheap to me.

Otherwise, really sharp looking truck!

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
While you are at it, stick some LED reverse bulbs in like these: http://a.co/d/8hcFYXR A nice, bright LED in the reverse lights makes it so much easier to see behind you when you are backing up.
And why not upgrade the front turn signal to LEDs as well. I don't understand why GM didn't put LED in there. Just looks cheap to me.

Otherwise, really sharp looking truck!

New tail lights are already ordered. I wanted to replace the entire housings with smoked units. I’ll update when they show up.
I’ll look at the front turn LED. I’ll be all about it if they are quality bulbs.
Thanks.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow man! Life changes pretty quick! Glad your wife and kid are safe! Vehicles can always be replaced but family is everything! Love the NNBS esky! Such a sleek looking truck! I’m in to follow the build as well! Nice work on the arm rests!

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
I had an 08 Escalade, mostly loved it until above 100k when lots of stuff crapped out on me. Rear hatch became intermittent, passenger seat power quit, heated steering wheel quit, broke 3 door handles in the winter, driver headlight blew ($$$$), hatch defroster quit, one side mirror stopped folding in. But loved it while I had it. Good luck with yours. (I do like my 16 Tahoe LTZ better).

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 3 of them. The wife is my buddy’s nanny for his 2 kids. There were 3 car seats in the Nox and at first I was just gonna replace the one that my daughter was in. Not because I don’t care about his kids, they weren’t occupied when accident happened. After talking to a close friend of mine who is a fireman/paramedic, he told me that if it’s a small fender bender, replacing the non occupied car seats wouldn’t be necessary. But with full impact and air bag deployment, you’ll never find anyone that’s gonna tell you it’s ok to use ANY car seat that was strapped in during a cash involving air bag deployment. I replaced all 3. Did they need to be? It’s not a gamble I’d stake someone’s life on. I can always make the $600 back, but how do you look someone in the eyes and tell them your sorry you didn’t spend the $200 to keep their child safe?

But I’m glad you pointed that out for anyone that didn’t know that. I should have included that in my post. Safety should be at the top of everyone’s priority list. Holy shit, I think this ISO9000 safety crap from work is infecting my brain. I’m preaching it now.

The insurance company will reimburse you for the cost of the car seats that were replaced, so give them a call.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne